Old May 24th 05, 11:47 PM
Vector

Default Chalk one up to experience ... "Extreme" roll purchase

Most likely anyone reading this already knew what I learned the hard
way recently.
I bought a roll of coins on eBay which the seller described in the
item line and in the description as an EXTREME ROLL (yeah, all caps,
that might've been a clue too). In the description, he/she made out
as if these were cherry picked from a much larger group of
uncirculated coins as the very best of the lot.
You don't need to tell me I fell for merchandising hype. I am
painfully aware of that now. I will never again bid on anything with
the "Extreme" descriptor.
The coins are ok. But I've bought better with a more honest
description ... bought some, in fact, that I was pleasantly surprised
with and maybe could've been called "extreme". Not these though.
Most of the coins are AU ... some are low MS.
On the up side, I didn't pay much more than melt value, so I didn't
get ripped off ... just aggravated because I thought I got a real
bargain instead of just a fair deal.
Let the buyer beware and all that, and I've learned a lesson. But,
what kind of feedback would you leave for this?