Old January 3rd 05, 10:28 PM
Bob Peterson

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message
Wayland wrote:

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...s-ipass02.html

Those people are griping about an additional $.40? This weekend we paid
$1.00 at Rockford and $1.90 (!!!) at Dixon IL (TWICE!!!).

Highway robbery. :-(

Don't drive in the Washington DC-NYC area, then. Those tollgates,
especially those on I-95 in Maryland and Delaware and the NYC area
bridges and tunnels, make those in northern Illinois, even the Chicago
Skyway, look downright CHEAP!

BTW, I have always wondered why that I-88 Dixon, IL tollgate is not an
even dollar amount.

The rate is supposed to be set at whatever amount it takes to pay off the
bonds. I guess the estimated how many tools would be paid in a year, then
divided that into what it costs to pay off the bonds.

--
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise
again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |