Old June 30th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Ronny Hick

Default New edition of Standard Catalog of World Paper Money

On 29 jun, 15:57, "Owen W. Linzmayer" wrote:
Ronny,

Yes, I have already taken a look at the list with the help of *an online
translation service. It's quite extensive. Why Krause fails to address these
many known issues is beyond me.

Last year I've sent the error's list from III/13 to Mr Cuhaj.
As a regular letter, printed on paper, with a ordinary letter.
And as mail.
I've got one reply by mail:

Thanks a bunch for the hard copy of the corrections to the World Paper Money Catalog.

It is through efforts such as this that it will become a better book for all, and be most useful to folks on the web...we are soon to go to that direction also--in addition to a printed book. The book will not be going away.

You can check out the coin book product at www.numismaster.com

That's all.

Together with Arthur Matz, President of LANSA - he's a official
contributor of the SCWPM - we made corrections, additions and changes
in Latin America, for Peru (there are so many Nuevos Soles unlisted,
since 2000, and some older are wrong), Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil,
Colombia, Venezuela, Mexico etc.
What happened?
Those stupid idiots used our corrections for Paraguay ONLY - all other
work was useless. Nothing happens.
They didn't notice:
Peru: There are 14 unlisted banknotes, and two errors for listed
banknotes.
Uruguay: You cannot merge dates from 2000 and 2003 for 20 - 100 Pesos
Uruguayos because of different printers!
Brazillease take a look at
http://www.moneypedia.de/index.php/P...3A.2C_P-251.29
and following text. You'll find ALL existing brazil Reais. Italic
catalog numbers are not given in the catalog, it's from my own. All
informations are given by Banco Central do Brazil on their own
homepage.
Mexico: A lot of dates are missing, for current banknotes and they
don't notice that current banknotes of paper have a mark for the
blinds. You cannot merge them all into one catalog number. 23 dates
and signature varieties are NOT listed.
Colombia: A lot of dates are missing.14 dates of the current banknotes
are unknown and there are some errors since P-439.
Venezuela: no new dates, 11 dates are missing!
And so on and so on - what the hell Cuhaj does? Sleeping all days
long?
And Krause only wants my money for this stupid catalog - but they do
not do anything.
While knowing of their paper money catalog I can never buy any other
catalog they publish - I always believe it's the same trash like in
the SCWPM.
This publishing company named Krause is one of the worst companies in
the world, maybe it's better to read noth korean communist papers with
more reality than the SCWPM has.
If you're making a poll "How do you like the catalog?", with notes
from A to F - this catalog will get medium a G.