Old August 22nd 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default People are stupid

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
I've totally lost my faith in the human race. People lie, cheat,
steal, kill, and worst of all overgrade coins. My cynicism runneth
over. Here's an auction for an 1804 half cent. Cool year. The coin is
holed, as some were, and some collect 'em holed (weirdoes). But the
seller otherwise describes the coin using these words, capitalization,
and punctuation: "NICE COIN!! ... nice original coin ... very nice
looking coin ... great upgrade or addition to any collection." Here's
the beauty:

I know. Marketing hype. But it's stupid when it's this far removed
from reality.

"Reality" changes all the time. For kicks, I recently put my well-used
composite softball bat that suffered a 2" crack across the sweetspot up for
auction on eBay. Started it at .99 with photos including a blowup of the
cracked area. It sold for $53 plus $12.00 shipping. Beats tossing it in
the trash can.

Bruce