Old January 22nd 05, 12:15 PM
gogu

Ο "Zamboni" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"gogu" wrote in message
Hi all !

OK, I know it's OT but this is the only place I can ask for some help, so
if there is someone who *really* knows about computers please contact me
in private.

I have upgraded my system a couple a months ago and everything was
running smooth until a couple a days ago.
Then the first blue screen popped up !
I was opening a new I.E window and wile waiting to load it cracked and
the blue screen emerged.
I could not restart my PC using any key(s) of the keyboard, so I hit the
restart button.
Nothing happened, the system was restarting but could not enter set up !
After I repeated this a couple a times, I decided to close it from the
main button.
Guess what, it was not closing again !
This is something happening for the first time in my (computer) life !
Last option, to ... pull the plug !
And only then the PC closed down...
After I restarted the computer, I received a message that my PC just
recovered from a major error and everything was OK !

This happened again yesterday and today.

I am running Windows XP Service Pack 2 with all the available updates
loaded, I am running an anti-virus, a firewall and an anti-spyware
program.
To mention that the days before the first crash I haven't loaded a new
program to my PC.

So here is the message I read at the "events":
-------------
Application Failure iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulty unit
mshtml.dll, 6.0.2900.2523 at faulty address 0x00051fdc.
---------------

Can someone give me some help ?

Thank you!

1) Download the IE installer from this link:

OK, but can you tell me what exactly it's doing ?

2) Uninstall Internet Explorer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel

3) Reinstall IE using the installer

4) Switch to Firefox

:-)
Yeah, I know, it's the best at the moment but I am an IE addict ;-)

(Tip: holding the power button down for 4 seconds will cut power to most
ATX computers.)

Thanks!
I hope it will be no need again but thanks anyway :-)

BTW, what is your opinion:
somebody "confirmed" that it should be a hardware and maybe a software
problem with my ISDN modem (public phone company, bad quality material...).
If I buy an ISDN modem from a reputable company and install it, should that
resolve my problem ?...

Thanks.

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

--
Zamboni