Old March 21st 04, 07:08 AM
palmer.william

"Mark Usher" wrote in message
.telekom.at...
Hello all,

I was wondering what the general consensus of opinion is regarding uncut
pages. I recently acquired a book where all the pages are at the top,

uncut.
This makes the book unusable, and I would like to use it. Should I cut the
uncut pages or should I try and acquire another copy. If I cut the pages,
what would be the best way to do this. By carefully sanding the top edge
with fine sandpaper, or cutting the block with a gullotine type device, or
use a razor blade on each individual page from the inside out.

Be grateful for any opinions anyone may have.

You are confusing "unopened" with "uncut." It
is plain you are describing an unopened book.
I don't really know what the safe way to make
the cut is. I have a small Macmillan 1898
volume of French poetry with a handsome
blue and gilt cover, and its pages are about
50 percent unopened. I leave it that way as
a curiosity, one of those items it is fun to
have one of, but which you don't particularly
want two of.

Mr. Palmer
Room 314

-Mark