Old March 18th 04, 03:23 AM
John Yamamoto-Wilson

Jon Meyers wrote:

Purely from a book-collecting point of view, there is a slight

preference
for uncut pages...

And a strong preference for calling them "unopened"--"uncut" being

something
else altogether.

Oops! Having followed a couple of threads in the Exlibris mailing group on
precisely this topic I should have known better!

I can no longer find that thread (which dates from just a year or two ago),
but searching the Exlibris archives turns up basically similar stuff from
over a decade ago:
http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byfor...993/10/threads
..html#00031

For those who don't want to plough through all that, the soundbite version
is "uncut" means the page edges are rough (i.e., they haven't been trimmed
smooth).

--
John
http://rarebooksinjapan.com