Old January 31st 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default Shill Bidding on eBay

On Jan 31, 9:12 am, "foaddoc" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

1. How do you folks handle eBay shill bidding

You might be better off posting this in a shill collecting group. We only
know about book bidding.

I am sorry for the confusion. "Shill bidding" is defined as an
artificial bidding to raise the price in favor of the seller. If the
bidder with (0) history bid at $298, my bid would come in at $299,
under the reserve price and NO ONE won that item, i.e. a rare book!

If you ever bid on eBay, how would you feel when you encounter shill
bidding ?