Old April 20th 05, 10:20 PM
Arthur Mongan

Hi
I have an old Michel Germany specialized that lists the
Zwangszuchlagsnarken but takes 6 pages. From memory they were a postal tax
on letters with the tax going to help Berlin during the shut down of ground
transportation by the Soviet Union in east Germany.
In the US they are considered cinderellas. Art

From: "SEKT"
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:40:17 -0400
Subject: "notopfer" berlin, what is it?

hello, I'd like to describe my question in words but I can't so I'll let
pictures speak, maybe someone can just briefly say what this odd creature
is, what it may be worth, does it come in different varieties, I acquired a
few of them, and would like to know if they deserve a place in my
collection, or in any collection for that matter.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y24/TH...current=17.jpg

thank you.