Old July 19th 04, 11:02 AM
note.boy

That sounds like a good idea.

I once visited a lady, around 1995, that had a quantity of Scottish £20
notes from the 50's and 60's that had belonged to her father,
unfortunately her father had been a coal man and judging by the amount
of coal dust at the top right corner of the notes he counted them
regularly, with his right hand. Billy

"Jan Erik Frantsvåg" wrote:

Strangely enough, in my early (Norwegian) banking career I was a teller, and
tellers usually were taught to count with the left hand. That way, counting
wore you out on the left hand, writing or using adding or book-keeping
machinery wore out your right hand, so it all balanced out.

Best wishes,
Jan Erik

http://www.janeriks.no/Banknotes/index.htm

writing from
http://weather.cs.uit.no/

"Scottishmoney" skrev i melding
Cause the counting flicks are usually on the left hand side of the note.
Besides, Marster woulda slapped you senseless if they saws you counting or
writing with your left hand.

Dave

--
Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!
"note.boy" wrote in message
The vast majority of Scottish bank tellers over the last 70 to 80 years
have been right handed.

How do I know this is true? Billy

---