Old November 16th 03, 10:48 PM
Christian Feldhaus

Keith Fletcher wrote:

I think the dollar coin should copy the British One Pound coin. It's a
small, thick little fella, and cannot be mistaken for anything else. It's
about U.S. dime sized but perhaps five to eight times as thick, made of a
golden colored metal, as I recall (haven't been in london for a decade so
things may have changed).

Well, the differences are not quite as drastic ;-) The UK 1 pound coin
is 22.5 mm in diameter, ie. closer to the US quarter than to the dime.
And yes, it looks and feels thick but it is "only" about twice as thick
as the dime or the quarter (3.15 vs 1.35/1.75 mm) ...

Pretty handy indeed. But I find it hard to imagine that, after two
dollar coin "test runs" that more or less failed, yet another dollar
coin with different specifications could be introduced.

Christian