Old January 1st 05, 10:08 PM
Lot-o-fun

Default Please help me identify old Sheaffer pen/pencil

My dad just gave me an old Sheaffer pen/pencil set. The pen has a gold
cap (with a white dot) and a black body. The cap is decorated with
straight lines of different lengths that parallel the clip. Near the
edge of the cap are the words "SHEAFFER'S - MADE IN U.S.A." The nib is
all gold and says

SHEAFFER'S
REG. U.S. PAT. OFFICE
MADE IN U.S.A.
14K

Part of the body under the cap is steel.

The part of the pencil that slides off is also gold with a white dot
and the same design and inscription as the pen. In addition, the words

W.A. SHEAFFER PEN CO.
FORT MADISON, IOWA U.S.A.
MADE IN U.S.A.

are imprinted on the black body close to the gold cap. The body near
the tip is ridged with concentric circles. The tip is gold with a
little stainless steel tube sticking out.

I'd be happy to describe more if I'm not giving the right information.

What I'd really like to know is what diameter lead this pencil takes.

Thanks!

-Lotofun