Old July 9th 03, 10:07 PM
Tom

Default Public Domain Issues - UK

Reading a few websites has got me thinking that I may try to reprint some
old works that I own - if they have fallen into the public domain. A few
items in my own collection, I am hoping, would probably be eligible -
however I am not totally sure of UK copyright laws.

For example, I am pretty sure that Hall's 'Life with the Esquimaux' is in
public domain - so that means it could be reprinted - without contacting
anyone? It is 1864 Original Publication

However - other things I am pretty sure that the following could not be
reprinted -

A Century of Excavation In Palestine - Religious Tracts Society - 1925 -
Author Died In 1950

Two of Graham Greene's early books, Rumour at Nightfall (1931) and The Name
of Action (1930) - Author Died in 1991 - He never allowed the books to be
reprinted - so only first editions exist....

Would be very grateful for any help on this topic - many thanks,

Tom Lintern-Mole