Old October 5th 18, 01:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default NSM Error FF help

On Monday, September 24, 2018 at 1:52:05 PM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:
On 2018/09/24 10:13 AM, wrote:
On Monday, September 24, 2018 at 10:39:58 AM UTC-4, wrote:
My NSM Satellite 200 is giving ERR. FF. When I make a selection, the carriage starts to scan but then stops and gives ERR FF. Any ideas?

I do but it not helpful with this error. Refers to either a record being stuck or the carriage off track. Neither is the problem.

I have seen some problems caused by weak batteries. I think that machine
uses the TimeKeeper series from Dallas, which means you have to
carefully take the top off (do a search for the process) and replace the
original battery with a new one.

Otherwise I don't have any great ideas, other than running the self
tests to see that all switches/optos respond as they should.

One other thing to consider is it may be the optos are dirty, take a
clean Q-tip and rub it in the gap (dry tip). If the machine is in a
smokers home then you may have to clean the optos with lens cleaner for
cameras.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Well I resolved the problem for anyone else that runs into this problem. I had to replace diode r208 on the Powerboard. Once I did that the juke looks and sounds amazing!