Old February 13th 09, 04:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Default US Mint website

"mazorj" wrote in message

"PC" wrote in message
About 30 seconds before noon eastern it suddenly became real
unresponsive. I just want to order my Lincoln Commemorative :-(

Looks like everyone else does too ...

I just successfully placed my order for 3 units. The Feb. 28 ship date
shown on the coin item description shifted to April 1 on the order sheet.
(So is April Fool's Day a subtle hint that they don't know when it
actually will go out the door?)

Well after my hand wringing and wailing I was able to place an order for a
few minutes after I posted this. While the website was slow to respond,
once it did respond the pages were served up completely, my order was
processed, and my login never dropped. I would say the site handled it
quite well when all was said and done.

I actually got a shipping date of today at first but now it says 2/16 on my
order page. I see also that if you try to order one now it says a shipping
date of 4/1. Last evening it was 2/28. I think your assemsment of that
date is probably spot on.

The fine print on the order still reflects a 30-day return policy, not the
new 7-day window. Oversights like this open them to demands that the Mint
honor the 30-day policy that showed as part of the terms and conditions of
the transaction regardless of any policy declarations elsewhere on the
website.

Oh you know it will happen. I plan on keeping these assuming no major
problem but I have returned items on at least one occasion before and found
the experience to be relatively painless. You just have to be on the ball
now.