Old May 30th 08, 03:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

Default The Guess Who

let's face it, a Pink Floyd they were not snip

Moron...compairng TGW to Floyd is like comparing a fish to a bicycle.
Floyd was a stoner band (right up your alley, eh, Noodles?) and TGW
was a Top 40 outfit, for the most part, although they did a lot of
other stuff quite well, as well.

Not to mention the part Trip clipped and replied to was
discussing The Box Tops, Alex Chilton, and Big Star. Here's an idea, don't
just read the subject line and start hammering out some reply. But for sure
TGW was no Pink Floyd and why should they be? And why does it always have to
be my stuff vs. other's stuff? The Guess Who had a lot of jazz background,
Burton loved the lounge singers (Darin, Sinatra, etc), and there was always
a strong interest in country music on the prairies. The then Brit influenced
Winnipeg soaked up whatever was going on in England like skiffle and the
British Invasion and blues stuff. Then what with the six months of winter
you had quite a bit of quirkiness. All these factors came together to give
the band it's distinctive sound. No doubt the same way that Pink Floyd
arrived at their sound.
"A bag of goodies and a bottle of wine we're gonna get it on right
tonight" - The Guess Who "New Mother Nature"