Old December 15th 03, 01:43 AM
Bob Ingraham

12/14/2003 3:04 PM

In message ers.com
"Tony Vella" wrote:

TC wrote:
Tony :

Maybe alt.culture.argentina is more appropriate,
as these questions are Off Topic for a stamps news group.

We had a discussion here about the stamps and I posted
some links to the stamps of the Servicio Sanitario.

As to your questions, we could only SPECULATE here.

Some other questions that might shed light a
- Was the industry municipally controlled?
(after all the revenues were municipal)

- Did municipalities set their own fees?

- Was the volume of industry workers sufficient
in other municipalities to warrent special stamps?
(there are other ways to update permits)
(BA and Rosario are the 2 biggest Argentine cities)

Hello Blair.

Thank you very much for bringing to mind even more questions I would like
answered about my gift. Yes, I received a gift and tried to find out more
about it in what I thought was a light-hearted manner. I still would like
to know, for example, why one city paid 1 peso and another paid 2 pesos for
basically the same stamp, and whether all known stamp cancellations bear a
Wednesday date - unfortunately on all my 4 stamps the cancellations are
illegible except for the "SANA". If you are an expert on Argentina then you
are the man for me. I could come up with a million questions about that
country including about initialled departmental officials.

A point that mystifies me in your reply: You refer to my stamps as stamps
and tell me you had a discussion on RCSD about them. You then judged my
questions about these same stamps off topic. Was it because I deliberately
tried to coat my questions in levity? Should I have been more serious and
pontifical in my choice of words?

Nah. This (not prostitution, but tangential questions) is just what I like
about stamp and cover collecting. Stamps result from life, not the other way
around. If you can tell an interesting story as a result of these revenue
stamps, go for it!

Bob