Old February 28th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.arts.sf.written,rec.collecting.books

Default "American Gods" question

On 27 Feb 2006 15:24:57 -0800, "William M. Klimon" wrote:

wrote:

Does anyone know what the true first of Gaiman's "American Gods" is?

I've started listening to audio books during my daily commute. I just
finished THE RULE OF FOUR, which I found surprisingly entertaining. It
is a biblio-mystery of a sort, but I found the bibliographic part
somewhat weak, while much of the rest is quite clever.

In any case, I was hoping to listen to AMERICAN GODS next, but the only
unabridged version available on CD seems to be the "MP3 CD" version,
which apparently can only be played on a computer. (I was also hoping
to listen to a recent and well-received legal novel, IN THE SHADOW OF
THE LAW, but it too seems unavailable in unabridged CD form.) Any
rhyme or reason to these (un)availabilities?

Makes me glad I'm a BOOK collector, though--really only one format to
worry about.

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com

Note that the top-of-the-line Subaru car radio will play mp3 CDs. Not that I have it, but it is described in the manual.

I would imagine that it isn't the only such device.

P. Taine