Old February 28th 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.arts.sf.written,rec.collecting.books

Default "American Gods" question

"R. Totale" wrote in message
My wife gets audio books through Audible.com - we download them and
copy them in compressed form to her portable player, although if you
wish you can burn them to CDs uncompressed to play in any CD player.
"American Gods" unabridged was 19 hours and change, and that would be
a big stack of CD disks (and probably a couple of hours disk swapping
in the course of burning them, too). Compressed, it would easily fit
onto one CD.

And (for Bill) there are numerous non-computer CD players now which
will play MP3 CDs. You can probably get a battery powered portable
one for less than $30. A little FM transceiver to plug into the
earphone jack and broadcast to your car radio, and you're in business.

Most recent DVD players will play them, too.

And if you're insistent on having it in CD format, it's relatively easy to
produce CD's from MP3's. Roxio or Nero software will do it easily. Blank
CD's are very cheap. Though I suppose if that's what you wanted, you'd
prefer to buy it like that.

J/