Old July 30th 04, 10:08 AM
Paranoid Amoeba

Thanks Randy, I'll give the a try tonight.

Mike

"Randy Jenkins" wrote in message et...
Mike,
Here is a technique I have used successfully for many years. Lay the stamp
on a flat, hard surface. Take the edge of your stamp tongs and rub the edge
back and forth over the entire hinge where it is attached to the stamp. Rub
fairly fast and with some pressure (but not enought to damage the stamp).
I don't know whether it is the friction or the heat generated , but in many
cases it is enough to release the gum of the hinge.
In truly stubborn cases on used stamps, I sometimes just give up and soak
the hinge off, especially if I can't make out the watermark with the hinge
remnants.
Good luck!
Randy
"Paranoid Amoeba" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
Would somebody tell me the best way to remove a hinge off the back
of a stamp. I feel that pulling them off with tweezers is probably a
no no, I though of soaking them off with water but just wanted to
check with you guys.
Thanks for any help,
Mike