Old December 23rd 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Knight

Default Ebay Seller = Huge Scam?

In , on 12/23/2007
at 12:06 AM, ElParagon said:

It is lot # 310008659597, which seems similar to 4 other lots supposedly
sold for hundreds of dollars more than the highest bidder at 9 seconds
before closing!

While all 4 lots (3 sold, 1 newly listed) do look quite a bit similar, there
are enough differences in the first couple of pictures that, to me, they
look like 4 different lots. I'm not interested in comparing ALL pictures to
find duplicates ... I'll leave that as an exercise for someone else

However, I believe this is the lot that the OP was referencing. Note that I
went right to the bid history to show 12 bids from what appears to be 4
unique bidders AFTER his $333 bid. A handful were during the last 10
seconds:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=310007862599

I don't see anything too very suspicious here. The i*** guy did manage to
bid very fast, like within 7 seconds of a previous bid. However, when I
used to snipe manually, I would open several browser windows, having at
least one open to a bid confirmation, so bidding multiple times, fast, IS
possible.

Anybody else see it?

Nick