Old August 29th 03, 07:40 PM
Dale Hallmark

Default My experience with NCS

"Bruce Hickmott" wrote in message
Greetings!

I thought I'd share my recent experience with NCS. For those who don't know, NCS
is Numismatic Conservation Service and they're kind of joined at the hip with
NGC.

I mailed a package of two items to them on July 18, a 1982 D Washington commem
and a 1843 original proof half cent. The 1982 had very unattractive yellowish
blotchy toning, the 1843 had blotchy, uneven toning, very dark, on the obverse
and reverse. Before photos can be seen he

http://home.woh.rr.com/boxturtle/GeoW25O.jpg
http://home.woh.rr.com/boxturtle/GeoW25R.jpg
http://home.woh.rr.com/boxturtle/1843O.JPG
http://home.woh.rr.com/boxturtle/1843R.JPG

Snip

The GW does look a little under the weather but the
1843 looks great to me the way it is. If you get the chance
a after picture would be great!

Dale