Old August 8th 05, 01:09 AM
Jason K

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 16:39:37 -0700, DeserTBoB
wrote:

You have no technical knowledge, so why bother, Noodles? 8 track
sucks in a broadcast environment, period. For production purposes,
he'd be better off dubbing off 8 tracks onto CDs for air play.

I'm going to make an effort not to get into any flame wars in this
group. There are obviously a couple groups having a little war here,
and I'm not siding with anyone. I don't even know whos right or wrong
or why you are fueding. We would appreciate donations from everyone
who appreciates 8-tracks.

But I wanted to respond to the above. There is no need for us to dub
8-tracks onto CD's for air play. Our library has over 3,000 digital
CD-quality songs on hard drive, and we play them all. We obviously
have a regular heavier rotation for popular oldies, and a secondary
random rotation that picks from all the rest, but you'll hear gems you
don't hear on other oldies stations on WQMA OldiesRadio 1520. We're
not asking for 8-tracks for a music library or for regular airplay.
"8-Track Thursday" will be a special event. I'm hoping weekly, at
least for a segment. We'll see what it sounds like when we actually do
it.

And we'll be doing the 8-track thing live. Not to celebrate the
broadcast quality (or lack of) of 8-tracks, but rather to play some
good music, and celebrate a very popular format no longer in use (by
most). It's all meant in good fun. The quality of the music might be a
little off - but we're hoping for positive feedback on the programming
anyway. We're probably going to play more than one song from some
tapes. Typical to the way that most people enjoyed 8-tracks at the
time.

Jason