Old August 8th 03, 05:47 AM
Phil DeMayo

"Aram H. Haroutunian" wrote:

Until today, with the mention of NGC, Ira reported success
with PCGS and I reported failure with ANACS. My experience
with ANACS was doubly egregious because I was encouraged by
an ANACS grader at a show to resubmit, for an additional $25
which just represented a twisting of the knife for me.
Based on just what I have read here, Reid's take makes sense.

Let's see....here's what he said:

"This is what I heard. Typically they just stick with their originally
grade. Every once in a while though, they refund somebody a lot of
money for some high-visibility coin that they admit to erring with,
getting a lot of publicity in the process."

The two returns Ira mentioned were hardly "high visibility" coins they made
good for as a publicity stunt. The coin I was involved with was a 1923-D Peace
Dollar that NGC originally graded MS65. Once again, hardly the "high
visibility" coins Reid claims they sometimes "admit to erring with"...just for
publicity.

I stand by my take on the Goldborough character's generalization.

Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits