Old April 6th 08, 04:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Barutan Seijin

Default Fountain Pens. What's the attraction?

Am 5 Apr 2008, schrieb:

I'm registered at FPN but haven't been there in months....I rarely get
along with forumites in any venue. It's too much like the
highly-censored mailing lists back before forums became popular. You
have a small group of posters that dictate all content.

I think the potential for control is one reason people set up web
boards. The people who run the board set the boundaries of discussion,
and can ban people, enforce or not enforce their rules on friends or
foes. Of course, once you get a fracturing of the community, then
things begin to get chaotic again.

That said, i don't think the pen boards are all that bad once you start
ignoring the assholes. And FPN isn't the worst of the pen boards.