Old November 19th 07, 04:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Barutan Seijin

Default Fountain Pens. What's the attraction?

Outside of their appeal as pretty little objects, i like the smoothness
of a properly adjusted fountain pen. When i use a fountain pen, my hand
doesn't get tired. Ballpoints require too much pressure and i end up
with cramps. I like having a variety of lines, and there are all sorts
of fountain pen nibs that give different sort of lines. I do like
playing with old flexible nibs, and that's something that a ballpoint or
rollerball just can't duplicate. I like the choice of ink (and truth be
told, i also like fussing with them.) Finally, my handwriting is much
better with fountain pens than with ball points. In sum, with fountain
pens, the process of writing is more pleasant and the output much
prettier. It's a no-brainer.

I also like that FPs are reusable. FP use alone will not save the
earth, but all the same, it does bug me to throw things away when there
are reusable alternatives.