Old December 6th 18, 04:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default "The Wife of Monte Christo"

On Saturday, January 13, 2001 at 8:06:36 PM UTC-5, the quiet guy wrote:
I have book entitled "The wife of Monte Christo" by Alexander Dumas
copyright 1884 printed by M A Donohue Company. Can anyone give me any info
on this book. I can't seem to find any info on it.
thanks

I have a Donohue reprint in good condition which is entitles Monte Cristo and His Wife. This dates from the early 1900's even though their is no date on the book. I know this because the name written in pencil was a relative who did most of her book purchasing between the late 1890's and 1911 The cover is dull green with a paste on plate print of a woman in a large hat. The pages are slightly brown with some brittleness, but the spine is still intact. Any information would be helpful.