Old February 27th 05, 08:01 AM
Jonathan Grobe

On 2005-02-27, wrote:
hi,

i see a lot of "unclipped price" phrase in 2nd hand book descriptions
on ebay & abebooks. what does it mean?

I suppose it means the price has not been clipped off the dust jacket. Used
book stores often clip prices on older books: suppose the book was
originally published at $7.95 and the book store wants $10 for it--
so the customer complains--"you want to charge me more than the book
cost new" So the bookstore clips off the $7.95 price--and there are
no more of these kinds of complaints.
But naturally collectors are purists and object to this kind of
defacing of the dustjacket.

--
Jonathan Grobe Books
Browse our inventory of thousands of used books at: