Old February 8th 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default help grading a Morgan please

celtex wrote:
Newbie trying to understand the grading process. What is your best
guess at the grading of this coin? I hope pictures are good enough
for your guess. Thanks!
Jim

This photograph is better than the last one, in that it is a much smaller
size. However, I must repeat that posting pictures to rec.collecting.coins
is not allowed. Obviously, you can ignore the warning, but you will gain
little respect and few friends by doing it.

Your coin appears to have the sharpness of at least an EF, maybe even an AU,
but beyond that, the image is so badly exposed that it is impossible to tell
anything more. If I had to guess, I'say that it has been cleaned, it has
some rim damage on the reverse, and a stain of some kind on the obverse.
Any one of those problems would prevent it from getting into a respected
slab.

James