Old September 28th 04, 05:50 PM
A.E. Gelat

Padraic, I sent to you an email, after deleting the NOSPAM, but it was
returned as undeliverable. What is your real email address?

Tony

"Jorg Lueke" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:31:48 -0400, Padraic Brown
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:48:28 +0300, "gogu"
wrote:

Sarkozy made his comments after French Prime Minister Jean-Pierre
Raffarin voiced misgivings on Thursday about Turkey joining the bloc,
asking if Europe really wanted "the river of Islam to enter the
riverbed of secularism."

Hah! France is practiacally a Muslim country, when compared to other
large EU countries! They ought to get along with Turkish membership
like a house afire!

Padraic.

I think it would be wonderful if Turkey were to eventually join. The EU
would certainly have a moderating influence on the more egregious Turkish
policies and help stabilize a secular Islamic state. Over time, perhaps,
we could even see a Mediterranean addendum to the EU with peaceful,
democratic, stable Islamic and Christian countries joined together.