Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bill allemann
Forum: Books April 15th 09, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By bill allemann
Catch Of The Week

there's a fair number of those on ebay most weeks.
I sold my (circa '70, I think) copy on there a couple months ago.

bill

"Bob F." wrote in message...
Forum: Books October 14th 08, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Posted By bill allemann
What happens to book prices during a recession?

Don't worry. If obama wins, the word "recession" will vanish from the
airwaves.
The fairness doctrine, however, may require burning of some of your books.

bill

"RS"...
Forum: Books July 25th 08, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By bill allemann
appraisal question

so, all online appraisers are bogus??

"R. Totale" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:16:31 -0500, "bill allemann"
Forum: Books July 24th 08, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By bill allemann
appraisal question

To clarify, the condition of the book can be conveyed easily enough with
lots of photography, etc.

I was more interested in whether an appraiser could establish a reasonably
accurate market value...
Forum: Books July 23rd 08, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By bill allemann
appraisal question

Is there an online appraisal service that would have known credibility, if I
were I to invoke their report in the process of selling a book on ebay, etc?

Thanks, Bill
Forum: Books July 19th 08, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By bill allemann
ID of Cyrano de Bergerac copy?

Francis,

The LOC had the listing.
(LC Call No.: PQ2635.O7C92 1898c)

It agrees on the date, publisher, number of pages, etc so I guess that's it.
It's a start.

Thanks a lot,
Bill
Forum: Books July 18th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By bill allemann
ID of Cyrano de Bergerac copy?

I have an copy of Cyrano de Bergerac publ in 1898 by Lamson, Wolfe, &
Company.
On some edu website, I saw one reference to this version as a first ed
(English translation), but in searching...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7