Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Blair (TC)
Forum: General Discussion December 13th 12, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Blair (TC)
Overproduction of stamps

On Saturday, 18 August 2012 11:06:49 UTC-4, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
This waste of stamps should be reduced in 2011 and future years as USPS

now releases virtually all first class one-ounce...
Forum: General Discussion December 7th 12, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Blair (TC)
Rodney's latest address

On Thursday, 6 December 2012 11:06:40 UTC-5, Blair (TC) wrote:
Could anyone please send me Rodney Cork's

latest email address and snail mail

address if possible?

Thank You.
Forum: General Discussion December 6th 12, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
Posted By Blair (TC)
Canada Post starts selling stamp supplies

On Friday, 13 June 2003 01:58:10 UTC-4, Bobstamp wrote:
It seems that Canada Post has decided to reinvent itself as stamp shop,
selling basic philatelic supplies. Beverly Fox, owner of Weeda...
Forum: General Discussion December 6th 12, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By Blair (TC)
Rodney's latest address

Could anyone please send me Rodney Cork's
latest email address and snail mail
address if possible?

Thank You.

Blair

blair dot stannard @ yahoo dot ca
Forum: General Discussion December 3rd 12, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By Blair (TC)
Ping Pierre

Salut Pierre.

I hear that you moved.
Could you please email me with your new address?

Merci. Blair

blair dot stannard @ yahoo dot ca
Forum: General Discussion May 27th 12, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By Blair (TC)
My first "lost in its way to the post" incident in 12 yearsbuying on eBay...

On Sunday, 27 May 2012 11:55:55 UTC-4, gogu wrote:
A few days ago I bought two lots-three MSs from a Chinese (Hong Kong) seller
(one lot BIN and the other one "make an offer" which he...
Forum: General Discussion May 22nd 12, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Blair (TC)
The Fight for Peace, Sportive Medicine in GDR, Cambodian Genocide- on Stamps

On Monday, 21 May 2012 20:08:37 UTC-4, Victor Manta wrote:
Not much to read on RCSD during the last week, that's why I propose you my
new philatelic pages:

The Fight for Peace:
Forum: General Discussion May 22nd 12, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By Blair (TC)
Letter in a Bottle

I once put my name and address in a bottle and threw it into the sea.
10 years later I got a letter from someone in Australia.
It was a fine from their government for littering Sydney beach.
Forum: General Discussion April 25th 12, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By Blair (TC)
help identifying

On Sunday, 22 April 2012 17:18:44 UTC-4, Pedro wrote:
Hello all,
I'd appreciate any help identifying the country of these three stamps:

stamp 1:
Forum: General Discussion April 23rd 12, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By Blair (TC)
help identifying

Stamp number 3 is from a set of three stamps,
issued by the Federation of Malaya
on 01 October 1962 to commemorate
FREE PRIMARY (lower school) EDUCATION in Malaya.

You can see the set...
Forum: General Discussion April 23rd 12, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By Blair (TC)
help identifying

nUMBE

On Sunday, 22 April 2012 17:18:44 UTC-4, Pedro wrote:
Hello all,
I'd appreciate any help identifying the country of these three stamps:

stamp 1:
Forum: General Discussion April 13th 12, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 21
Posted By Blair (TC)
Q: Translation from Hungarian, please

On Thursday, 12 April 2012 09:23:16 UTC-4, Victor Manta wrote:
It is about the following stamps:

Hungary 1950, June 4, Children's Day, Scott 896 - 900
60 f. Boys' Camp - Scott 899...
Forum: General Discussion April 12th 12, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 21
Posted By Blair (TC)
Q: Translation from Hungarian, please

On Thursday, 12 April 2012 09:23:16 UTC-4, Victor Manta wrote:
It is about the following stamps:

Hungary 1950, June 4, Children's Day, Scott 896 - 900
60 f. Boys' Camp - Scott 899...
Forum: General Discussion April 11th 12, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Blair (TC)
Euro Zone - pre Euro era stamps valid for postage?

Thank You Klaus and Peter. This is exactly
what I needed to know.

Blair
Forum: General Discussion April 9th 12, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Blair (TC)
Euro Zone - pre Euro era stamps valid for postage?

Thank You for the information, Victor.

Would anyone particularly know
about the stamps of Germany and Austria?

Blair
Forum: General Discussion April 9th 12, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By Blair (TC)
Euro Zone - pre Euro era stamps valid for postage?

Greetings friends:

I know that France still accepts stamps denominated in Francs and Centimes to pay for postage.

Does this also apply in all or in specific Euro Zone countries?

In such...
Forum: General Discussion March 19th 12, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Blair (TC)
Franking questions about a letter posted in US

On Sunday, 18 March 2012 11:28:04 UTC-4, Victor Manta wrote:

- Why has the value on one metering stamp 3 leading zeros and it has only 2
on the other (maybe different postage meters used)?
Forum: General Discussion March 19th 12, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Blair (TC)
Franking questions about a letter posted in US

On Sunday, 18 March 2012 11:28:04 UTC-4, Victor Manta wrote:

- Why has the value on one metering stamp 3 leading zeros and it has only 2
on the other (maybe different postage meters...
Forum: General Discussion March 18th 12, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Blair (TC)
Franking questions about a letter posted in US

On Mar 18, 11:28*am, "Victor Manta" wrote:
The question refers to a letter apparently having the C6 format (4.5 x 6.4 -
have nothing in hand to measure it) that...
Forum: General Discussion March 18th 12, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Blair (TC)
Franking questions about a letter posted in US

On Mar 18, 11:28*am, "Victor Manta" wrote:
The question refers to a letter apparently having the C6 format (4.5 x 6.4 -
have nothing in hand to measure it) that...
Forum: General Discussion March 11th 12, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 43
Posted By Blair (TC)
Newbie question.

On Mar 11, 3:09*pm, "gogu" wrote:
Hi all!
I'm new in stamps collecting and I have a question that may seem stupid to
you but...;-)
I am on Vatican's mailing...
Forum: General Discussion March 9th 12, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By Blair (TC)
Kosovo Question

On Mar 8, 11:57*pm, Milco wrote:
On Feb 27, 10:25*am, "Gandalf_le_Gris" francis.humbert-

Forum: General Discussion March 1st 12, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By Blair (TC)
Kosovo Question

On Feb 24, 10:54*pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
Would anyone have information about this stamp?http://cjoint.com/?BBzeHfgVvAc

It appears to be an issue of the "Republic of...
Forum: General Discussion February 25th 12, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By Blair (TC)
Kosovo Question

Would anyone have information about this stamp?
http://cjoint.com/?BBzeHfgVvAc

It appears to be an issue of the "Republic of Kosova", (not Kosovo),
which existed from...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 12, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By Blair (TC)
Gold Francs of the UPU (francs d'or)

A few postings ago, there was a discussion about Gold Francs (francs
d'or) of the UPU. Here are some more results of my research.

Historically the value of the Gold Franc was based on a French law...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500