Showing results 1 to 25 of 107
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Forum: Coins September 30th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Ebay's rules for raw coins incompatible with ANA grading standards

On Sep 30, 2:24 pm, Peter wrote:
On Sep 30, 9:36 am, wrote:

Under eBay's new listing policy that bans numerical grades for raw
Forum: Coins September 30th 07, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 185
Posted By [email protected]
Whizzing

We made an exhibit at my old store about ten years ago of sample
silver Washington quarters which had been artificially toned,
overdipped, cleaned with baking soda, metal polish, an...
Forum: Coins September 30th 07, 08:36 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Ebay's rules for raw coins incompatible with ANA grading standards

Under eBay's new listing policy that bans numerical grades for raw
coins, sellers who agree to grade according to official ANA standards
are prohibited from doing so!

While terms such as Very Fine...
Forum: Coins September 30th 07, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Ebay's rules for raw coins incompatible with ANA grading standards

Under eBay's new listing policy that bans numerical grades for raw
coins, sellers who agree to grade according to official ANA standards
are prohibited from doing so!

While terms such as Very Fine...
Forum: Coins September 28th 07, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 64
Posted By [email protected]
Ancient Coins: How to Start a Collection?

Whizzing is usually done with this type of brush, not the types shown
in your experiments.

http://roseantiquetools.com/store/product672.html

If you take a nail and scratch a coin, you have moved...
Forum: Coins September 27th 07, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
J.T. Stanton has left PCI.

Just talked to him last week, and he was really upset about the new
ebay policy lumping his company's slabs alongside "Star Grading
Service" and "new-Mistrust" and raw fakes from...
Forum: Coins September 27th 07, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Any "All-in-one" scanners work with slabs (depth of field issue)

I have an old Microtek scanner which is very slow (USB 1.0) but has
enough depth of field to take acceptable pictures of slabbed coins. (I
use a camera for most items, but Ebay's new "Both sides of...
Forum: Coins September 17th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to alt.politics.homosexuality,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,nyc.politics,alt.politics.bush,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
ACU files complaint on illegal NY Times contribution to moveon.org

On Sep 16, 8:19 am, "Luiz Sérgio Solimeo"
wrote:

"ACU demands a full and thorough investigation of the cost of the Ad and
the discount given by the New York Times...
Forum: Coins September 8th 07, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Insuring coins sent via USPS

At a couple of rural post offices, the clerk and the postmaster have
insisted that we can neither insure nor register coins, and should use
the coins to buy a money order and mail the money order....
Forum: Coins September 7th 07, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Fort Worth gets 2010 ANA Money Show

The ANA National Money Show in March 2010 will be held in Fort Worth,
Texas -- the home of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing's Western
Currency Plant, and the legacies of Amon G. Carter and B....
Forum: Coins September 7th 07, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
scanner or camera?

On Sep 3, 5:09 pm, "note.boy" wrote:
I have never managed to get a good scan of a copper or bronze coin, they
always come out dark and cant be improved by editing,...
Forum: Coins September 6th 07, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
scanner or camera?

On Sep 2, 12:34 pm, "note.boy" wrote:
Use a white background. Billy

A white background will underexpose the coin image., particularly with
toned copper or silver.
Forum: Coins September 6th 07, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
scanner or camera?

On Sep 2, 12:34 pm, "note.boy" wrote:

How do you come to the conclusion that a scanner is faster than a camera?
Billy

No tripod or lighting to mess...
Forum: Coins September 2nd 07, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
scanner or camera?

On Sep 1, 8:12 pm, "David Farmer" wrote:
Hi Frank,

what software do you use so as not to show any background?

Paint Shop Pro, but almost any editing program allows...
Forum: Coins September 1st 07, 05:14 AM Posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! BARGAIN COINS!!!!!

On Aug 31, 2:01 pm, "Jeremiah Clampett McSnort"
wrote:
Once again, reported to eBay customer service.

braziljazzer will be responsible for any economic damages to my
business for...
Forum: Coins August 31st 07, 11:53 PM Posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins

wrote:
Once again, reported to eBay customer service.

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message

Forum: Coins July 10th 07, 06:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Collecting Gold

On Jul 9, 12:05 am, "Himself" wrote:
Ok somebody has to explain this to me like I am friggin' six year old. You
buy gold bullion as a investment. When do you reap the...
Forum: Coins June 30th 07, 08:48 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Maria Theresa

GE is Germany, which was in Maria Theresa's title Queen of Hungary and
Bohemia, Archduchess of Austria, Roman-German Empress,(per my old
Catholic Encyclopedia)

Germany generally meant Bavaria, but...
Forum: Coins June 28th 07, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
ANA Ballots

Here is a list of the current board, in case anyone is inclined to
FIRE ALL INCUMBENTS

http://www.money.org/Content/NavigationMenu/ContactUs/BoardofGovernors/default.htm
Forum: Coins June 28th 07, 07:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
ANA Ballots

I can't believe this. THEY MAILED THE BALLOTS "Presorted Std" If you
have moved, it's not forwarded, it's discarded!

"What is the difference between First Class Mail and Presorted
Standard? First...
Forum: Coins June 27th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
What was the grader smokin'?

On Jun 27, 8:57 am, Ockham's Razor
I would give NGC the benefit of the doubt unless I could see the coin
in hand. After all, they are on the hook for the fair market value if
their grade...
Forum: Coins June 27th 07, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
New PCI slab "signature series"

On Jun 25, 9:45 pm, Bill the Cameo King wrote:
Just bought my first PCI slab signature series slab signed by JT
Stanton. It is a 1939 Jefferson Nickel, MS-64. In short, the...
Forum: Coins June 27th 07, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
1900 $10 Ten Dollar Eagle Gold Piece NGC Slabbed MS62 - Last Day!

On Jun 26, 3:24 pm, "MJKolodziej"
wrote:
"Michael Bourke" wrote in message

Forum: Coins June 27th 07, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
What was the grader smokin'?

On Jun 26, 10:43 am, "Amistad" wrote:
Friend, I don't know about you, but I've gotta wonder how the grade was ever
ascertained on this one. (Perhaps with a ouija...
Forum: Coins June 27th 07, 06:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
FA: Ebay Coins, no minimum/no reserve

More nice coins from the Dallas-Mid Cities (TX) Coin Show
in Fort Worth this past weekend. Most are certified and most
under $50. A few unusual items, such as a Peace silver dollar with...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 107