Showing results 1 to 25 of 158
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Beanie[_2_]
Forum: Coins March 17th 11, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 32
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Found in change

"Bremick" wrote in message

"Beanie" wrote in message ...
When I started...
Forum: Coins March 17th 11, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Copper Lincolns being horded?

"mazorj" wrote in message

"Beanie" wrote in message ...
It may just be in my...
Forum: Coins March 17th 11, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 32
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Found in change

When I started collecting coins in the 1950s, I concentrated on Lincoln cents
and Buffalo nickels.
I was able to fill a lot of the holes in my blue Whitman books from circulation
finds.
Mercury...
Forum: Coins March 16th 11, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
The appropriately named Fukushima!

"oly" wrote in message
P.S. The British Foreign Office has told British Nationals to "Get the hell
out...
Forum: Coins March 16th 11, 06:56 PM Posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 0
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Coins For Sale

"Pogonip" wrote in message
I am not a fan of Frank, nor of spam on amoe. But looking at this header and
the message, I seriously doubt...
Forum: Coins March 16th 11, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Copper Lincolns being horded?

It may just be in my area but it seems pre-Zincoln cents are disappearing from
circulation.
Gresham's law in action, I suppose.
Forum: Coins March 16th 11, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 32
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Found in change

"Bremick" wrote in message

"Beanie" wrote in message ...

"Jud"...
Forum: Coins March 16th 11, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Angry customer takes revenge after he's hit with $6,500 debt... by paying it with 650,000 pennies

"Frank Galikanokus" wrote in message
How many times have you heard of some crank trying to do this?

Angry customer takes...
Forum: Coins March 16th 11, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 32
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Found in change

"Jud" wrote in message
Not the first time I have found a proof coin in circulation, just the
first...
Forum: Coins March 15th 11, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 3
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Japan news...

According to AP:
"To lessen the damage, Japan's central bank made two cash injections totaling 8
trillion yen ($98 billion) Tuesday into the money markets after pumping in $184
billion on...
Forum: Coins March 15th 11, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Local coin shows redux

"Frank Galikanokus" wrote in message
Beanie wrote:

Went this morning to a nearby coin and stamp show which is held 2x a...
Forum: Coins March 15th 11, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 1
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
PMs tanking

Big drop in gold and silver today as flight to cash continues.
Could it be the Japs dumping their PMs?
Forum: Coins March 14th 11, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics
Replies: 46
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
1099 REFORM UPDATE - ACTION SET BEGIN IN SENATE

"Gary" wrote in message
On Mar 9, 9:21 pm, "Tom" wrote:
Omammy have...
Forum: Coins March 13th 11, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Local coin shows redux

"oly" wrote in message
Nice touch examining the gray sheet, as if that matters very much.

Yeah, I got a...
Forum: Coins March 13th 11, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Local coin shows redux

Went this morning to a nearby coin and stamp show which is held 2x a month.
All the usual suspects were there, mostly overweight, middle-aged white guys
with varying degrees of personal hygiene.
I...
Forum: Coins March 11th 11, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
US dollar minting question

"Hp" wrote in message ...
per my usual habits, the last time we visited the bank for a transaction I
requested some halves, $2 bills and any...
Forum: Coins March 11th 11, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 4
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Techniques for cracking open slabs?

Anyone have some safe, foolproof ways of cracking open slabs - methods that
don't damage the coin?
Forum: Coins March 11th 11, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 8
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Coins from "colorful" dealers

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
I posted something this elsewhere, and despite the nature of this group, I
though I'd try for...
Forum: Coins March 8th 11, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 6
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Is this guy a crook?

"BigDog" wrote in message
I agree that $50 was an insult. $10 face today @40% silver content is
$105.80. I...
Forum: Coins March 6th 11, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 2
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Clueless eBay sellers

I've just been perusing eBay for Canadian silver dollars and I'm shocked,
shocked to see how many clueless sellers there are there.
Asking $100 for common 1970s .500 fine commemorative dollars in...
Forum: Coins March 6th 11, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Coin Show Capers

"Bremick" wrote in message

Do that many people even mail letters anymore (holiday cards don't count).

Outside of the odd bill or...
Forum: Coins March 6th 11, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Coin Show Capers

"mazorj" wrote in message
"Beanie" wrote in message ...
Back in the late 50s...
Forum: Coins March 6th 11, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Coin Show Capers

"Bremick" wrote in message

"Beanie" wrote in message ...

"Bremick"...
Forum: Coins March 6th 11, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Coin Show Capers

"Bremick" wrote in message

"Beanie" wrote in message ...
"oly" ...
Forum: Coins March 6th 11, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.coins
Replies: 14
Posted By Beanie[_2_]
Coin Show Capers

"oly" wrote in message
Twenty years ago, there used-to-be a local coin(s) show within a 70
mile radius of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 158