Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nick Bridgwater[_2_]
Forum: General Discussion June 8th 11, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Maltese Cross cancels ?

Sir F. A. Rien wrote in
:

Nick Bridgwater No@Spam found these unused words:

Is there a book/catalogue that would...
Forum: General Discussion June 6th 11, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Maltese Cross cancels ?

Is there a book/catalogue that would tell me which towns in Somerset
employed a Maltese Cross cancel ?

Would I be right in thinking it would be the earlier post towns:
eg. Axbridge, Bath,...
Forum: General Discussion March 24th 11, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Shqyptare ~ seek ID.

According to "The stamps and posts of Albania and Epirus 1878 to 1945" by
John S Phipps, they are definitive stamps prepared for use but not issued.

In more detail, these are stamps which the...
Forum: General Discussion July 7th 10, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Turkish Constantinople City post - help please

Apologies - my take was it was better to post a link to where the
information was than to post it up multiple times (it means there is only
one place to go to edit/update later). My original fault...
Forum: General Discussion July 1st 10, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Turkish Constantinople City post - help please

If you're having difficulty with the Stampboards link, try here for the
scans that Jay posted up...
Forum: General Discussion June 30th 10, 09:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Turkish Constantinople City post - help please

I'd also posted on Stampboards (but hadn't got a reply) - now have, see:
http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19915&p=784799&e=784799

Regards,
Nick

Ryan Davenport ...
Forum: General Discussion June 28th 10, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Turkish Constantinople City post - help please

I'm having difficulty deciphering my Michel catalogue to understand what
the differences are between the four authentication marks they list.

The catalogue only illustrates 3 of them (type I, Ia,...
Forum: General Discussion March 30th 10, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 14
Question regarding paper

A much easier way I find is to bring the paper to your lips & gently rub
slightly - the chalk surfaced paper will feel colder (& smoother) than the
ordinary paper.

Obviously with dry lips & try it...
Forum: General Discussion March 22nd 10, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Turkey queries

It was catalogue blindness !

They are in Michel under the Local stamps (Lokalausgaben) under
Jaffa/Smyrna - 6 values overprinted in each location (mine are Jaffa) for
the accession of Sultan...
Forum: General Discussion March 22nd 10, 10:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Another Turkey !

Based on my judgement:
Postage Stamps 5pi - http://cjoint.com/data/dwkQIg5SsW.htm
Postage Dues 20pa, 1pi, 2pi, 5pi - http://cjoint.com/data/dwkSLieXba.htm

In the 2nd scan you can see the large...
Forum: General Discussion March 22nd 10, 10:35 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Turkey queries

"rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote in
Thanks for solving the Arabian Government overprint.

Regarding the others with the overprint, I've found some further stamps
in the "set" on...
Forum: General Discussion March 21st 10, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Turkey queries

That would be great, do you want me to email them ? To where, your tag
without the "nospam "?

Nick

"rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote in...
Forum: General Discussion March 21st 10, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Another Turkey !

Well Gibbons says that the 5pi postage stamps also has a band of blue
(the other values red), so I'm not sure it differentiates the 5pi ?

Nick

"rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote...
Forum: General Discussion March 21st 10, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Another Turkey !

Another Turkey of a question !

Is there a difference in design between the first 1863-64 normal postage
issues and the 1863 postage due issue ? The illustrations in Gibbons &
Michel are no help,...
Forum: General Discussion March 21st 10, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Turkey queries

Thanks for having a look Rodney.

The old printed album might be using Yvert numbers according to a hand-
written note on the front - in which case they might be Yvert cat no's
139-143. Anyone got...
Forum: General Discussion March 20th 10, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Turkey queries

1) I've got a touch of catalogue-blindness - can anyone help ?

In an old printed album for Turkey that I've just acquired it has spaces
for 6 stamps dated 1909 (5pa, 10pa, 20pa, 1pi, 2pi & 2½pi)...
Forum: General Discussion March 14th 10, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Turkish Dates

"Blair (TC)" wrote in
:

My dates were AH (Hejira) dates by the way.

The Turkish financial...
Forum: General Discussion March 13th 10, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Turkish Dates

"Blair (TC)" wrote in
:

On Mar 13, 12:47*pm, Nick Bridgwater No@Spam wrote:
I've found an inedible...
Forum: General Discussion March 13th 10, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Turkish Dates

I've found an inedible Turkish date - perhaps someone can explain where I'm
going wrong !

The June 1911 issue of Turkey consists of a number of earlier stamps
overprinted to commemorate the...
Forum: General Discussion March 2nd 10, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Turkey 1865-76 "Duloz" issues

Peter Buder wrote in
:

Am 02.03.2010 13:18, schrieb Nick Bridgwater:
What was the language called before the Ottoman (Osman)...
Forum: General Discussion March 2nd 10, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Turkey 1865-76 "Duloz" issues

What was the language called before the Ottoman (Osman) Empire became
Turkey ?

Back to my original query - is the difference in the top overprint just
calligraphical (?) differences ? The...
Forum: General Discussion March 2nd 10, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Turkey 1865-76 "Duloz" issues

I've got the images, thanks Rodney - I've posted them up at
http://cjoint.com/data/dckYJjWPMy.htm

The top image is the whole overprint, while images (3) to (7) are the
different overprints at the...
Forum: General Discussion March 1st 10, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Turkey 1865-76 "Duloz" issues

According to my Gibbons catalogue, the 1865-76 issues of the Ottoman Empire
were overprinted with four groups of Turkish characters at the top, bottom,
& sides, around the oval band surrounding...
Forum: General Discussion February 2nd 10, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Albania Fiscals ??

Art wrote in
:

On Feb 1, 3:17*pm, Nick Bridgwater No@Spam wrote:
Yes, somewhat similar design...
Forum: General Discussion January 28th 10, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
A couple of curly ones.

There is both a 9d (pale) olive-green and a 9d (deep) agate in the 1912-24
GV issue. The scan is probably of the latter though looks rather purple
when compared to my copy.

regards,
Nick

Peter...