Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Barutan Seijin
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 17th 08, 07:17 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 1
Posted By Barutan Seijin
1920 vinage display case

Am 16 Nov 2008, schrieb:

I have placed a 1920's vintage floor display case "Wahl Pen -
Eversharp" on Craigslist, Denver Colorado. Is there any interest in
this item? Does anyone...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 7th 08, 02:50 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Best Red Ink?

I like Herbin's rouge fuchsia. In my experience, it's one of the safer
reds. Some other reds have given me problems.

--
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 2nd 08, 02:24 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 12

Am 1 Sep 2008, Matthew schrieb:

Personally, I don't see myself hanging outside a turkey farm
for scraps. ;)

There are plenty of wild turkeys around here. Try the UW arboretum if
you're ever in...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 19th 08, 05:29 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 39
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Day to day pen opinions

Knock around pens i have used:

Pilot Capless.

Nice pen. The gold plating (and perhaps something else) is falling off
of mine, which makes it even more of a knock about pen.

Waterman Phileas:
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 14th 08, 01:53 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 8
Posted By Barutan Seijin
The 19th Annual Michigan Pen Show is coming up fast!

Am 13 Aug 2008, The Drunken Lord schrieb:

When you order ink from him, it can take a week to get here. And he
was gonna be a sales distributor for Colfer's Imperial Inks and pumped
it up and...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 13th 08, 01:02 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 8
Posted By Barutan Seijin
The 19th Annual Michigan Pen Show is coming up fast!

Am 11 Aug 2008, The Drunken Lord schrieb:

I'd like to go to that pen show and cuss out the guy who runs Pear
Tree Pens. Not because I've got anything against the guy. Just on
general...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 26th 08, 04:27 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 6
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Pop Survey for July, 2008

Am 23 Jul 2008, Bluesea schrieb:

1. Do you shop for yourself to take advantage of the specials?

No. I generally don't like the school supply type stuff. Also,
having worked as a teacher, i've...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 14th 08, 04:33 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 3
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Pen/Pencil Collection Like Bicycles

Am 13 Jul 2008, schrieb:

Hi Folks, I'm just starting to think about building a page like
www.odd-bikes.com or www.odd-tools.com but for pens and
pencils. Does anyone have...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 12th 08, 07:52 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 21
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Today's Pen

Today's pen is a 51 flighter. One of my favourites, despite it being
a 51, which are usually a bit dull.

--
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 7th 08, 02:49 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 15

Am 5 Jul 2008, Brian Ketterling schrieb:

BTW, along with cleaning, make sure you have good ventilation!
Methylene chloride is very effective at fusing acrylic, but it's
also nasty stuff.

I'd...
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 7th 08, 02:47 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 21
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Today's Pen

My pens for the day are a Myurex, which i use for crosswords and on
cheap paper, and a broad-nibbed Pelikan 800. I'm thinking of inking
my Pelikan 400nn with a flex oblique nib. Sometimes you...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 7th 08, 01:53 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 53
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Fountain Pens. What's the attraction?

Am 6 Apr 2008, The Drunken Lord schrieb:

There's help for people who are snotty, but not much help if you're
stupid.

What can you do? There are idiots everywhere, including Usenet.

And as...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 6th 08, 06:00 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 53
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Fountain Pens. What's the attraction?

Am 6 Apr 2008, The Drunken Lord schrieb:

You mean there are worse boards than FPN that have dumber
administrators and moderators and bigger dip****s posting?

What might those be?

I think...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 6th 08, 04:08 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 53
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Fountain Pens. What's the attraction?

Am 5 Apr 2008, schrieb:

I'm registered at FPN but haven't been there in months....I rarely get
along with forumites in any venue. It's too much like the
Forum: Pens & Pencils February 2nd 08, 06:17 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By Barutan Seijin
True Writer affliction

Am 1 Feb 2008, Yaderp schrieb:

How does one adjust the nib/feed to get the pen to write?

It's a bit difficult to say without looking at the pen.

Some things to check:

Are you recapping the...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 31st 08, 12:49 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By Barutan Seijin
new way to lose a pen

I hate losing pens, but i do it from time to time.

This time i had an Executive Skyline stolen by a student. I put my pen
case down on the table while talking to class. Someone snatched it
while...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 30th 08, 04:43 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 24
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Does one really need "bullet proof" inks

Nothing is foolproof.

Go with an ink that you like and accept the consequences of your choice.

I've become a MB blueblack fan. I just like the colour. It will eat
through the paper sometime after...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 28th 08, 01:41 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5
Posted By Barutan Seijin
"all write" ringtop

Am 22 Jan 2008, Harry F. Leopold schrieb:

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:51:05 -0600, Barutan Seijin wrote
(in article ):

I have a senior sized "ALL WRITE" but haven't...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 20th 08, 02:47 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Black Hard Rubber

Am 19 Jan 2008, Brian Ketterling schrieb:

What makes black hard rubber change colour? And given that they do
change their colour, how does one keep these pens black?

It turns green-brown...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 18th 08, 04:51 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Black Hard Rubber

What makes black hard rubber change colour? And given that they do
change their colour, how does one keep these pens black?

N.B. I'm not interested in products that restore the original...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 18th 08, 04:51 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5
Posted By Barutan Seijin
"all write" ringtop

This summer i found a lapis ringtop at a flea market. It sports the
name "All Write" and has a #2 warranted nib.

Does anyone know anything about "All Write" pens?

--
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 19th 07, 04:42 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 6

Am 17 Dec 2007, Cathy Stevenson schrieb:

In article ,
GrailKing wrote:

What is a good deep green ink?

Forum: Pens & Pencils December 1st 07, 12:38 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Bummer, it finally happened...

Am 30 Nov 2007, Robert Chin schrieb:

...after about 5 years, I finally lost my first fountain pen.

That's not too bad. I lose at least one a year, probably more. Then
there are the ones i...
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 19th 07, 04:00 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 53
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Fountain Pens. What's the attraction?

Outside of their appeal as pretty little objects, i like the smoothness
of a properly adjusted fountain pen. When i use a fountain pen, my hand
doesn't get tired. Ballpoints require too much...
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 2nd 07, 04:00 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 13
Posted By Barutan Seijin
Frank Dubiel Videos

Am 1 Nov 2007, not l. schrieb:

On 1-Nov-2007, MatthewK wrote:

For a guy like me, who's never seen a fountain pen that he hasn't bought
and new nothing about...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51