Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Juan
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 18th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 13
Posted By Juan
What is the largest (non eyedropper) capacity fountain pen

On Mar 18, 11:10 am, "yland45" wrote:
What is the largest capacity fountain pen that is not eyedropper fill?

I don't know, but the Aurora Optima holds a lot of ink.
Now, this...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 4th 07, 08:01 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 22
Posted By Juan
Best cheap pen. Vote now!

On Mar 2, 9:55 pm, wrote:
Lamy Al-Star, usually about £5 on ebay. Big, smooth and utterly reliable.

Steve

Parker 45, Parker Frontier.

Juan
Forum: Pens & Pencils February 17th 07, 12:55 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 8
Posted By Juan
Detail work - good BP or FP alternative

On Feb 17, 1:54 am, bob craig wrote:
Not a lot of enthusiasm for BPs here, this I know.

I've tried to be an FP purist, Pelikan, Waterman, etc., Roller balls
seem too...
Forum: Pens & Pencils February 5th 07, 09:18 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 0
Posted By Juan
David Grimes... Fountain Pens are not for Duffers

Draw your own conclussions... you'll surely be right.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070201/COLUMNIST23/702010332

Juan
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 14th 07, 08:38 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 59
Posted By Juan
Waternan Hemisphere Problems

Brian Ketterling wrote:
AndyH wrote:
I was bought a Waterman Hemisphere for xmas...

...I then filled it with Noodlers Purple. The first 2
pages of A4 were OK, but after that the...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 10th 07, 10:11 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By Juan
Sheaffer Balance question

BL wrote:
No. The ones made during the 1930s and 1940s ranged in size from the
small juniors to the very large OS and came as lever fillers and
(later) plunger fillers.
The one for sale on...
Forum: Pens & Pencils January 4th 07, 11:07 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By Juan
Refills for Retro51

Howie wrote:
It takes a Parker gel refill, but I find this sticks out a bit too far, and
the point isn't completely concealed when it's fully retracted. Fountain
Pen Hospital has the Tornado...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 22nd 06, 08:10 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By Juan
Refills for Retro51

I've seen a retro 51 pen, but I'm not sure whether it's a ballpoint or
a gel pen. Do the gel pens take the Pilot G2 refills or the Uniball
Signo's? They looked nice. Any opinion on these pens?

Juan
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 19th 06, 10:10 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 1
Posted By Juan
When Handwritings Collide

I was surfing moleskinerie and notebookism and I found this scan of
Leonard Cohen's notebook:

http://www.webheights.net/10newsongs/alex.htm

I noticed his handwriting is somewhat similar to mine. My...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 15th 06, 01:30 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 17
Posted By Juan
Moleskines

BL wrote:
Barutan Seijin wrote:

BL will disagree, but i think you're right to
stick to finer nibs. There's not all that much
space in those notebooks anyway.

Your point about the...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 6th 06, 12:49 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 61
Posted By Juan
Gold Value in FP Nibs WAS Storing fountain pens with ink in them?

BL wrote:
Juan wrote:

All this grame weighting makes me feel like I'm in
alt.drugs.dealers ñ_ñ

How funny. I'll hasten to add, however, that I don't own one of those
supersensitive...
Forum: Pens & Pencils December 5th 06, 06:13 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 61
Posted By Juan
Gold Value in FP Nibs WAS Storing fountain pens with ink in them?

BL wrote:
"Harry F. Leopold"

I doubt that it would have taken the price to much
more than $1.00 total in 1925 on my "All Write"
nib and most other second and third tier pens.
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 22nd 06, 09:49 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By Juan
Question on Moleskine Daily Diary

Hugh wrote:
Holidays in various countries around the world.
HUgh

Thanks Hugh.

Juan

Juan wrote:
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 21st 06, 05:55 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By Juan
Question on Moleskine Daily Diary

This may be a bit OT, but since there're moleskine users in the group,
I'll try

I have a 2007 moleskine diary (pocket), and I've noticed the phases of
the moon symbols; no problems with that (I...
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 9th 06, 07:51 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Posted By Juan
does a metal body, with a rubber grip pen take the Pilot G2 Gel cartridge?

Juan ha escrito:

Rick in CT ha escrito:

I personally like the way the Pilot G2 Gel writes, but would love a
metal body, with a rubber grip. Does anyone know of such a pen that
takes...
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 8th 06, 10:21 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 7
Posted By Juan
does a metal body, with a rubber grip pen take the Pilot G2 Gel cartridge?

Rick in CT ha escrito:

I personally like the way the Pilot G2 Gel writes, but would love a
metal body, with a rubber grip. Does anyone know of such a pen that
takes the Pilot G2 Gel...
Forum: Pens & Pencils November 1st 06, 10:41 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 61
Posted By Juan
Storing fountain pens with ink in them?

scottmandue wrote:
Hope I'm not posting too much but I'm new to the hobby and have
lots of questions. So far I have two fountain pens, one I keep at my
desk at work and one I keep at home for...
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 23rd 06, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 2
Posted By Juan
Kaweco Sport ( hotrod )

What a great pen!! I got 2: One is plain black (12€), and the other
is black guilloché (19€).

They're the perfect match to my moleskines: a fake leather reissue
notebook and a cheap plastic reissue...
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 2nd 06, 11:48 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Posted By Juan
Painful penmanship

JimL wrote:
Juan wrote:
JimL wrote:
rant mode on

Is penmanship even taught in elementary schools these days? I'm not
even talking about artful appearance of the words...
Forum: Pens & Pencils September 1st 06, 10:28 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Posted By Juan
Painful penmanship

JimL wrote:
rant mode on

Is penmanship even taught in elementary schools these days? I'm not
even talking about artful appearance of the words on the page, but just
the basics of how to...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 4th 06, 01:16 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 12
Posted By Juan
Newbie Quetion No. 4.3- Resin, Celluloid, what the heck?

BL wrote:
Juan wrote:

BL wrote:
Forgot to mention: OMAS's vegetal/cotton
resin pens are injection molded. -- B

Really? I thought it wasn't.

Hi Juan... Yes, their...
Forum: Pens & Pencils August 1st 06, 01:08 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

BL wrote:
Forgot to mention: OMAS's vegetal/cotton resin pens are injection
molded. -- B

Really? I thought it wasn't.

Juan
Forum: Pens & Pencils July 11th 06, 09:31 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By Juan
Help with pen pricing

mdiaz wrote:
I need to sell several pens and cannot find any reference that I can
use to figure out their fair prices. If anyone can help me with these I
would certainly appreciate it. Thanks...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23