Showing results 1 to 25 of 187
Search took 3.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BL
Forum: Pens & Pencils October 30th 07, 04:35 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 17
Posted By BL
Pelikan Fountain Pens

"Sonny" wrote:

... As much as I like to rotate my pens, I find
myself grabbing a Pelikan when ever I need a pen
to carry with me for work or travel. These pens
just seem to be perfect for...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 23rd 07, 05:14 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 16
Posted By BL
My Pick

"Don" wrote in message
Hi All;

As a new fountain pen user, who has to buy each pen I try (no stores
in area), I...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 18th 07, 11:21 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By BL
The latest Omas newsletter ...

Moira Perkins wrote:

Have you seen the Krone *Custer* limited edition
though? If not, then have the monitor wipes
ready ;)

OMG

I love good pens, but who on earth would want this
kind of...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 18th 07, 02:21 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 4
Posted By BL
The latest Omas newsletter ...

Regarding OMAS's new direction... GAK!!!! I'm glad I have a bunch of
their old pens. The new stuff looks like an Ode to Krone. The Lafite
pen is a monstrosity... The wine is wonderful; the pen is...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 15th 07, 04:15 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Posted By BL
An Ink for All

Robert Warren wrote:

I have only used Mont Blanc black and Pelikan blue
black.

There are so many to choose from...

Im in SoCal, where to find Lamy and Aurora?

Hi Robert,
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 7th 07, 06:09 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Posted By BL
Dried Indian ink/correction

I wrote:
... Anything powerful enough to dissolve hardened
shellac will very well damage whatever pen is
covered with it.

I meant pen *part.* -- B
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 7th 07, 06:06 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Posted By BL
Dried Indian ink

Tony Stanford wrote:

I did soak a Parker 51 collector in dry-cleaning
fluid. It removed most of the dried Indian ink,
and also partially dissolved the plastic collector. The remainder
just...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 4th 07, 03:56 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 11
Posted By BL
An Ink for All

"Don" wrote:

I have fountain pens from several different
makers. What I am looking for is a good black ink
from one maker that would work in all of them.
The types a Namiki Falcon,...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 22nd 07, 11:38 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 19
Posted By BL
Montblanc Blue/Black and Parker 51

Moira Perkins wrote:

Retractable? Well, visualising some arcane "MB
Capless", I just googled the Boheme (leading to
montblanc.com), and it looks fairly conventional,
if in a modern style....
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 22nd 07, 09:52 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 19
Posted By BL
Montblanc Blue/Black and Parker 51

"Aaron Hsu" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:29:15 -0500, BL
wrote:

I've...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 22nd 07, 04:29 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 19
Posted By BL
Montblanc Blue/Black and Parker 51

Moira Perkins wrote:

How about the modern ones - worth trying, or are
the old ones the best of the brand?

Some of the modern ones are very nice. I have a set of Bohemes (retractable...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 21st 07, 01:15 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 19
Posted By BL
Montblanc Blue/Black and Parker 51

"Moira Perkins" wrote:

It's a black plastic one with "4810" on the nib If
I've read it right. I need a better loupe.

Hi Moira -- 4810 is correct. Most MB nibs have 4810 engraved on them
as...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 19th 07, 05:06 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 19
Posted By BL
Montblanc Blue/Black and Parker 51

Juan wrote:

Thanks Bernadette, Yes, iron turns brown which is
what puzzled me.

Hi Juan,
I believe the brown is what you see after the document has aged a
really long time. Unlike ancient iron...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 18th 07, 06:46 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 19
Posted By BL
Montblanc Blue/Black and Parker 51

Juan wrote:

Bernadette, I know you're a fan of both MB
blueblack and 51s (demis, I think). What's your
opinion? My guess is that if I refill the 51 every
3 or 4 days (without waiting to...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 14th 07, 03:55 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 32
Posted By BL
waterman turquoise

"Moira Perkins" wrote:

Well, wow: that's simply amazing! It's writing
nearly black with it (rather than the ethereal
grey any other pen would), but not performing
an emergency ink dump. I'll...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 11th 07, 11:31 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 32
Posted By BL
waterman turquoise

Moira Perkins wrote:

I've allowed plain ink to evaporate as well, mostly
when I've misplaced a full pen. I've had a converter
messed up, with gunk (semi-liquid crud) getting past
the piston....
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 9th 07, 11:58 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 58
Posted By BL
FP-friendly paper (was Pelikan M1000...)

"j. fabian" wrote:

While I have used Clairefontaine I greatly prefer
Apica, a Japanese paper available in spiral and
bound notebooks and pads of many different sizes.
It has, for me,...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 9th 07, 10:37 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 32
Posted By BL
waterman turquoise

Moira Perkins wrote:

I read somewhere that even letting a full load of
normal ink dry up is risky, so wouldn't be
surprised if this stuff wrecked a few pens.

Well, I hate to admit it but I've...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 9th 07, 08:10 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 32
Posted By BL
Perils of Penman (was waterman turquoise)

Moira Perkins wrote:

Has anyone got more concrete evidence?

http://www.nibs.com/PenMaintenance.htm

Look at the Pelikan feed (top pic, feed at bottom). -- B
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 9th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 58
Posted By BL
FP-friendly paper (was Pelikan M1000...)

I second the Pelikanyo's recommendation. -- B

"Paul G" wrote:
Peilanyo likes Ampad Golde Fibre pads for every
day use. Smooooth :)

"Moira Perkins" wrote:
"LarryW"...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 9th 07, 07:54 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 32
Posted By BL
waterman turquoise

Moira wrote:
Hi BL,

I like the alchemy picture I'm getting, of a
boiling vat of Waterman being refined into the
concentrated essence of Sapphire.

You mean like Frankenink? It's... IT'S...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 5th 07, 03:25 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 17
Posted By BL
Namiki Falcon//More on flex

Aaron Hsu wrote:

.... If a bunch of young kids could learn to
write decently (though not perfectly) in this
form, surely some disciplined adults can benefit
from some practice along these...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 4th 07, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 32
Posted By BL
waterman turquoise

Moira Perkins wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try some new
inks and blending, since I've almost used up this
Yard-o-Led stuff.

I'll probably be raided by the Ink Police if...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 4th 07, 01:11 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 32
Posted By BL
waterman turquoise

Moira Perkins wrote:

I tried Waterman "South Sea Blue". I was looking for something
piercingly sapphire blue*, but it was
a turquoise. It's nicely saturated, and an
authentic turquoise...
Forum: Pens & Pencils March 31st 07, 07:07 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 15
Posted By BL
Recommended mechanical pencil//Response to Harry

Harry F. Leopold wrote:

BTW - thanks BL for mentioning the size of lead it
uses, looks like I need to take a trip to my
supplier for the proper size this weekend....

Hi Harry... No problem-o....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 187