Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 1.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Sharpe
Forum: General Discussion August 25th 09, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Insurance inventory?

KenK wrote:
Bill Sharpe wrote in
:

My first stamp inventory program was a Lotus 123 spreadsheet with 3
columns headed...
Forum: General Discussion August 25th 09, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Insurance inventory?

KenK wrote:
I'm inventorying my collection (ugh!) for a stamp insurance policy. I'm
putting the Scott numbers in text files for each country - like

5, 7 - 10, 32*, etc.

where 7 - 10...
Forum: General Discussion August 15th 09, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Sharpe
If you think you ever might be asked to head a philatelic organization...

Joshua McGee wrote:
... do yourself a favor and bookmark this page on my site: http://
www.mcgees.org/2009/08/14/penguin-stomps/

1. If you are asked if you want to be a member of a group,...
Forum: General Discussion August 15th 09, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Has anyone News about Mettes Work?

It looks like Toke Norby's post today in a new thread pretty much
settles the issue. We'll just have to wait...

Bill
Forum: General Discussion August 15th 09, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Has anyone News about Mettes Work?

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

In what way is Linn's involved with this issue?

They would know, absolutely, the current copyright law for the internet. As
you write or have written for them, I...
Forum: General Discussion August 14th 09, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Has anyone News about Mettes Work?

see inline comments

Bill

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Bill Sharpe found these unused words:

Victor Manta wrote:
"Toke Nørby" wrote in message
Forum: General Discussion August 13th 09, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 29
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Has anyone News about Mettes Work?

Victor Manta wrote:
"Toke Nørby" wrote in message
"Victor Manta" wrote:

snip for...
Forum: General Discussion July 21st 09, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 27
Posted By Bill Sharpe
When was the telescope invented?

To answer the subject question: 1608

Bill

rodney wrote:
Would this gay chappie, have a telescope?

http://cjoint.com/data/hvhn6eOBAf.htm

Forum: General Discussion July 4th 09, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Scott stamp catalogue 2008

jerry wrote:

Also, Scott has dropped the CD versions of the catalog and is offering
only DVD versions. That should be a loss as many collectors have older
machines and do not have a DVD...
Forum: General Discussion July 2nd 09, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Accuracy problems

see inline comments

Bill

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

The 'answer' is a form of a spectrophotometer and 'adjustment' to delete all
the old fanciful colour names.

This is a pretty expensive 'answer.'...
Forum: General Discussion July 1st 09, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Scott stamp catalogue 2008

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Bill Sharpe found these unused words:

spammetodeath wrote:
Hi, maybe interesting.

A complete world stamp catalogue

You can...
Forum: General Discussion July 1st 09, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Accuracy problems

Ralphael1 wrote:
I make a catalog list of my mini collections and prefer them to be
accurate. I find this is not possible.
Date of issue quite often is different between Scott, WNS, Postbeeld
Forum: General Discussion July 1st 09, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Scott stamp catalogue 2008

spammetodeath wrote:
Hi, maybe interesting.

A complete world stamp catalogue

You can get the torrent he

http://www.mininova.org/get/2729053

Interesting perhaps, but definitely a...
Forum: General Discussion June 24th 09, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Sharpe
RCSD sources

Stan Fairchild wrote:
My ISP has announced that in some two or three weeks they are dropping
all Usenet groups from the service package. What sort of access exists
when one's ISP no longer...
Forum: General Discussion June 24th 09, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Stamp website

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Bill Sharpe found these unused words:

Ralphael1 wrote:
I am updating my French Marianne collection and would like to use
information from...
Forum: General Discussion June 23rd 09, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Stamp website

Ralphael1 wrote:
I am updating my French Marianne collection and would like to use
information from the website: http://www.abelard.org/france/marianne.php
The problem is the pages are black...
Forum: General Discussion June 3rd 09, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Novice Questions

Joshua McGee wrote:
On May 16, 1:25 pm, "Charles Mueller" wrote:
Hello. I have inherited a stamp collection and have some novice questions.
Dont know if this would be...
Forum: General Discussion June 1st 09, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Canada color question

Bill Sharpe wrote:
I've posted a graphic here of two stamps identified as Canada Scott 37.

http://yfrog.com/15canadascott37j

Scott lists the basic catalog number as orange red with a...
Forum: General Discussion May 31st 09, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Canada color question

I've posted a graphic here of two stamps identified as Canada Scott 37.

http://yfrog.com/15canadascott37j

Scott lists the basic catalog number as orange red with a value of
$1.25. There are three...
Forum: General Discussion April 1st 09, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 16
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Is there any UGLY stamps out there?

jim wrote:
Hello:

I have one odd item in my poor head, IS there any UGLY Stamps out
there? Or do we see all our stamps as a source of beauty and wonder?

JIM

Apparently there be quite a...
Forum: General Discussion March 23rd 09, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill Sharpe
Supporting the ripped and torn.

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Bill Sharpe found these unused words:

Blair...
Forum: General Discussion March 22nd 09, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Bill Sharpe found these unused words:

Blair wrote:

What I have advised beginning collectors is to collect the best
condition
Forum: General Discussion March 20th 09, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Blair wrote:

What I have advised beginning collectors is to collect the best
condition
possible at a price they can afford. It is fine to include a "space
filler"
until a better copy...
Forum: General Discussion March 13th 09, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 35
Posted By Bill Sharpe
my stamps collecting webpage

Pedro wrote:
Hello friends,
I am building up a webpage (non-commercial) with images and a little
information about my stamps. I use Scott catalogues to identify and find
some info about...
Forum: General Discussion March 10th 09, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 18
Posted By Bill Sharpe
How could this be faked?

wrote: