Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ted Jones
Forum: Books December 2nd 07, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Ted Jones
Is it worth it?

I think there are alternate books. We have a good time reading ephemera
about San Diego. I felt an alternative was a better idea. Her failure is
she reads the books I give her. Due to an over...
Forum: Books December 1st 07, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Ted Jones
Is it worth it?

I am trying to decide whether a book is worth the price. The book is
about California history. My girlfriend is a nut about early California.
I would give it to her for Christmas. The problem is...
Forum: Books September 9th 07, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By Ted Jones
Help for Bookstores in Portland/Seattle

rand wrote:
look in the yellow pages, dip****

"Ted Jones" wrote in message
I would like to find "rare", "antiquarian"...
Forum: Books September 9th 07, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By Ted Jones
Help for Bookstores in Portland/Seattle

My girlfriend anI are going to the Pacific northwest. All she said was
she wanted to go to Powell's. (Don't worry about Powell's. It's a damn
good book store and a wonder to behold. Anyone who gets...
Forum: Books April 15th 07, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By Ted Jones
Weasel-Word Listers

wrote:
Ever get annoyed by weasel-word listers? I do.
Here are a few of common weasel-words
which I find especially offensive.

Perhaps the most abused weasel...
Forum: Books April 1st 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 19
Posted By Ted Jones
Question about $0.01 used book prices on Amazon

Nobody wrote:
Can anyone explain how can it be worth it for anybody to sell used books for
$0.01 on Amazon? Even considering shipping allowance seller still has to go
through the trouble of...
Forum: Books March 8th 07, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Ted Jones
Flatty flees eBay?

Jon Meyers wrote:
Did anyone else notice that Flatsigned, at least under his most
recognizable IDs, is no longer selling on eBay? The IDs
www.flatsigned.com, flatsigned, and...
Forum: Books February 23rd 07, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 10
Posted By Ted Jones
Preserving books

At the California Antiquarian Book fair, I graduated from the $500
dollar level to the 1K level. I fell in love with the book. I can take
reasonable care of most books. but I really want to take...
Forum: Books January 24th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By Ted Jones
Wild Pricing!

Willow Arune wrote:
A few days ago, I visited the local COLES outlet up here. By chance, I
noticed a book called DISSOLUTION by C.J.Sansom on the reduced rack, and a
copy of DARK FIRE on...
Forum: Books December 24th 06, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Ted Jones
Book Customer Wants Do-Over

wrote:
michael adams wrote:
"foadOC" wrote in message
"michael adams"...
Forum: Books December 11th 06, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 10
Posted By Ted Jones
Collecting pre-1700 books on a budget

wrote:
Hello all:
I really enjoy older books, but am on a tight budget for
book-buying. I can only buy a few titles a year at less than $500 each.
I'm asking for...
Forum: Books November 28th 06, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 21
Posted By Ted Jones
Quest for the book detectives...

my-wings wrote:
"Timdo99" wrote in message
John R. Yamamoto-Wilson wrote:
my-wings wrote:

Thanks...
Forum: Books November 10th 06, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By Ted Jones
ceiling leaks

Allan Adler wrote:
"Sam" writes:

Large sheets of polyvinyl or painters' plastic drop cloths can provide
temporary solutions but are not very aesthetic...unless you...
Forum: Books November 2nd 06, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 13
Posted By Ted Jones
PLS HELP ~ CLEANING ESTATE FOUND OLD X-RATED BOOK

diana wrote:
Hello,

I'm a new member. Nice to meet everyone. I've been a book collector
since I was old enough to read and I'm not sure when that happened,
LOL. The reason I'm a book...
Forum: Books November 1st 06, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Ted Jones
Book Preservation

RWF wrote:
Ted Jones wrote:
None that I know of. However, this application would require a tape that
reasonably blends with the olive green color of the book.

May I suggest clear Contact...
Forum: Books November 1st 06, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Ted Jones
Here's a neat way to find obscure books on ebay

Dave wrote:
It happens all the time -- someone misspells their item when they list
it on ebay. As a result, people who spell it correctly will never find
the misspelled item in their...
Forum: Books October 31st 06, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Ted Jones
Book Preservation

RWF wrote:
Ted Jones wrote:
At last my ex-wife has delivered my copy of The "Book of Kells" Knopf
1974. As is often the case, books left in her hands have not fared
well. The slipcase has...
Forum: Books October 29th 06, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 11
Posted By Ted Jones
Book Preservation

At last my ex-wife has delivered my copy of The "Book of Kells" Knopf
1974. As is often the case, books left in her hands have not fared
well. The slipcase has the fabric loosened. I like the...
Forum: Books October 14th 06, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By Ted Jones
Dated books

Walter Traprock wrote:
"my-wings" wrote:

OB Collecting reference: For those who collect fiction and actually read
it...

A novel idea!

I find temperance...
Forum: Books September 2nd 06, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Ted Jones
Finish for book shelves.

My son just finished building some permanent book shelves. They are
white board. (I believe this is merely pine but nicer than your usual
pine.) His construction is immaculate but plain. My...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20