Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Forum: General Discussion March 19th 10, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
US rare stamp question

On Mar 19, 11:23*am, "phantomm_1" wrote:
A older friend of mine asked me a question about rare US stamps
that have alot of value.

I pass along the question(s)...

Forum: General Discussion March 18th 10, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
South Africa Bi-lingual pair ID

On Mar 17, 7:09*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Thank you Rein,
hope you are keeping well.
any more microdots?
rodney

"Rein"
Rod,

how about:
Forum: General Discussion March 17th 10, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
South Africa Bi-lingual pair ID

Hello Fellows, here is another question about my Bi-lingual South
African pairs. Trying to identify my used pair of the Scott # 44 ( I
think). I ran across this quandry. For the non Scott users it...
Forum: General Discussion March 17th 10, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
South Africa Bi-lingual pair question

On Mar 16, 5:56*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
I cannot explain it,
an EFO for mine,
May I keep a copy of the scan for my records please?
Thanks
Rodney

Forum: General Discussion March 17th 10, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
South Africa Bi-lingual pair question

On Mar 16, 6:08*pm, " w-
wrote:
On Mar 15, 4:57*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:

Is it possible to get a scan...
Forum: General Discussion March 17th 10, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
South Africa Bi-lingual pair question

On Mar 15, 4:57*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Is it possible to get a scan of the two stamps complete?

"Rein" wrote in...
Forum: General Discussion March 14th 10, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
South Africa Bi-lingual pair question

On Mar 13, 5:46*pm, " w-
wrote:
Hello Fellows,
I was cleaning up on some long forgotten stamps and ran across this
item. *It is South Africa...
Forum: General Discussion March 14th 10, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
South Africa Bi-lingual pair question

Hello Fellows,
I was cleaning up on some long forgotten stamps and ran across this
item. It is South Africa Scott # 28. For those who don't use Scott,
it is the 1927-28 engraved issue of the 4p...
Forum: General Discussion February 28th 10, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Scott Russia no mentoin of CTO

On Feb 27, 7:58*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
CTO's are basically valueless, they are basically "remainders"
Some postal issuers burnt them, others put a line through the...
Forum: General Discussion February 28th 10, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Scott Russia no mentoin of CTO

This has been a wonderment of mine for some time. Unless I missing
something, Scott Catalog makes no mention of CTO's in their Russia
section. Of course, I only have the Classic cat., but you'd...
Forum: General Discussion February 26th 10, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Scott Air Post & Nicklin Airmail albums

I bought a CD with Steiners PDF files on it. I'd recommend it to
anyone. Any ink jet printer will do, just get some nice card stock
for your pages and a 3 hole punch and you are set. If you have...
Forum: General Discussion February 26th 10, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
eBay outbid by one incrament

Hello again,
This may have been discussed before but anyone have any good
explainations why I get outbid almost constantly by one bid
incrament. It seems like me and the guy that wins the lot are...
Forum: General Discussion February 26th 10, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Showgard Clear mounts

Hello fellows,
Anyone found a reasonable place to buy these? Not one that charges
$10+ for the shipment of 2 packs. A fellow on eBay sells double packs
at 1/2 price, but doesn't have the size I need...
Forum: General Discussion June 20th 09, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Sideways watermark Denmark Sc # 48

On Jun 18, 3:12*pm, " w-
wrote:
Hello Fellows,
I bought a lot of early Denmark and found a Scott # 48 (Facit # 60)
with a sideways watermark....
Forum: General Discussion June 18th 09, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Sideways watermark Denmark Sc # 48

Hello Fellows,
I bought a lot of early Denmark and found a Scott # 48 (Facit # 60)
with a sideways watermark. Facit lists the inverted watermark
varieties, but makes no mention of ones that are...
Forum: General Discussion April 7th 09, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
unsticking self-stick stamps

Hi Pedro,
I use mineral spirits (odorless) on my US stamps. It is also know as
paint thinner. You can get a gallon of it at the hardware store for
$6-8. Soak stamps for a couple of hours, then...
Forum: General Discussion March 19th 09, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Varieties: with an Aussie flavour.

On Mar 18, 8:16*pm, "rodney" wrote:
A long winter's evening could be used to linger over the loupe.
Drag out the Aussie penny reds.

Forum: General Discussion March 18th 09, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Ident question "Pro Segovia" SS. Spain?

Wow! I'm full of questions today. As you can tell, I'm working on my
Spain. Here are a couple Souvenir sheets that I can't seem to find
listed. I have had them laying about for a few years and...
Forum: General Discussion March 18th 09, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Question for Scott International Vol. 1 users

On Mar 18, 1:53*pm, wrote:
Hi Wolf

The image you posted seems to be an old Scott International Volume 1.
I looked in a 2003 Scott and they are not listed as you...
Forum: General Discussion March 18th 09, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Question for Scott International Vol. 1 users

Hello Fellows,
Can anyone point out to me where the "Postal Tax Stamps" as pictured
in Scott International Vol. 1 Spain are listed in the Scott catalog.
There are face identical (different color)...
Forum: General Discussion March 10th 09, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
How could this be faked?

On Mar 9, 9:24*pm, "Stan Fairchild" wrote:
wrote in message

What do...
Forum: General Discussion March 10th 09, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
How could this be faked?

What do you think. Ever heard of...
Forum: General Discussion December 11th 08, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Printing Solutions for Scott International Size Paper?

On Dec 10, 7:30*pm, "Nick Knight" wrote:
The posts about Scott Air Post album pages rekindled some thinking ...

Has anyone come up with a system for printing on Scott...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23