Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Don Phillipson
Forum: Books October 14th 07, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Don Phillipson
Looking For....

"Cain" wrote in message

I'm looking for old copies of Peter Pan and The Secret Garden. Pref.
First printing...
Forum: Books September 26th 07, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By Don Phillipson
The Worth of Elbert Hubbard?

wrote in message

I know Elbert Hubbard isn't liked by everybody, but I understand that
his books still...
Forum: Books September 23rd 07, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By Don Phillipson
Book Steward

"RF" wrote in message

Twink (gay slang), a young or young-looking male homosexual.

Are you quite sure? J.R....
Forum: Books September 8th 07, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Posted By Don Phillipson
minor brag, and advice on cutting pages

"garyjbp" wrote in message

, I tried two different methods: my stanley utility
knife, and a razor blade.

So now...
Forum: Books September 5th 07, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Posted By Don Phillipson
minor brag, and advice on cutting pages

"garyjbp" wrote in message

. . . it was bound in the old style, with deckled edges, and some
of the pages...
Forum: Books August 22nd 07, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Don Phillipson
secret garden

"adam" wrote in message

Looking for a mint first edition copy of The Secret Garden. Please let
me know...
Forum: Books August 11th 07, 08:48 PM Posted to comp.publish.prepress,rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Don Phillipson
Looking for a book publishing software

wrote in message

I am planning to write a book. I havent done this before so I need
some help in...
Forum: Books August 7th 07, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Don Phillipson
Antique Shakespeare Set

"Trip" wrote in message

Looking for a little help here. I recently lost a complete set of
Antique Shakespear...
Forum: Books July 6th 07, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Don Phillipson
Buy books of (simon&schuster)(ÂòÊé)

wrote in message

Hay,does anyone knows how to buy books of simon&schuster in China?

No, but the...
Forum: Books May 26th 07, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By Don Phillipson
The Power and the Glory - Graham Greene edition

"Ferris92" wrote in message

Is it common for books written in English to have an American edition
and a British...
Forum: Books May 17th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Posted By Don Phillipson
1892 French Grammar by A.P Huguenet - do you know the value?

wrote in message
Hello!

Few days ago I found an old book in my attic :

HOSSFELD'S
New practical method
Forum: Books May 11th 07, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By Don Phillipson
Private Library Insurance

wrote in message

Does anyone know of any Canadian companies that would insure a private
library...
Forum: Books April 19th 07, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Don Phillipson
OT (maybe not!) Real & Perceived Values of First Editions, eBay, booksellers

"Booked" wrote in message

1.) why is there such a HUGE range in dealer prices for identically
graded books? (just check any...
Forum: Books March 22nd 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By Don Phillipson
Books wanted

"George Mandler" wrote in message

What's a good place to place notices of books wanted to purchase (without
getting...
Forum: Books March 18th 07, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 34
Posted By Don Phillipson
Goodwill Pricing

"krik999" wrote in message

At my local Goodwill the lady in charge of pricing books has promoted
herself to "book...
Forum: Books March 4th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By Don Phillipson
Honore' de Balzac - Touraine Edition 1901

"Art" wrote in message

Thanks

Now I just wish there was an inexpensive place to sell them

Most of the book...
Forum: Books February 23rd 07, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 10
Posted By Don Phillipson
Preserving books

"Dave" wrote in message

A non-petroleum solvent finish - shellac or lacquer - is a superior
way to go. These types of...
Forum: Books February 10th 07, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 286
Posted By Don Phillipson
Unscrupulous Dealers and Price Gouging in Seattle?

"Stone Mirror (the Great and Terrible)" wrote in
message ...

Based on
the listings on Bookfinder, I'd estimate...
Forum: Books January 31st 07, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 36
Posted By Don Phillipson
Shill Bidding on eBay

Calvin wrote in message

This eBay seller had a reserve. When I asked him about the item
conditions, he told...
Forum: Books January 29th 07, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 9
Posted By Don Phillipson
Cheap Bookshelves

"Some Guy" wrote in message

* My domestic partner just bought a bunch of books at auction. Exact
count is unknown...
Forum: Books December 30th 06, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
Posted By Don Phillipson
Cleaning tops of books

"JAH" wrote in message

I now have another question. The place where the books had originally
been stored was a...
Forum: Books December 21st 06, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Don Phillipson
Marines screwed by the Corps

"The Bobino" wrote in message

Don Phillipson wrote:
"Lori Powers" wrote in...
Forum: Books December 20th 06, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Don Phillipson
Marines screwed by the Corps

"Lori Powers" wrote in message

....killing without valid orders is part of the "spoils of war",
along with a little...
Forum: Books December 20th 06, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Don Phillipson
Marines screwed by the Corps

"The Bobino" wrote in message

Don Phillipson wrote:
"The Bobino" ...
Forum: Books December 20th 06, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 27
Posted By Don Phillipson
Marines screwed by the Corps

"The Bobino" wrote in message

OK Mr. Canadian-know-it-all - let's put YOU in a war zone where it is
Showing results 1 to 25 of 41