Showing results 1 to 25 of 89
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pierre Courtiade
Forum: General Discussion August 21st 08, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
Handyporto : write your francking with your hand

Dominique Stéphan wrote :
Hello,

Handyporto is a new service from Deutsche Post :
http://www.deutschepost.de/handyporto
[page in German]

Hi Dominique,
Forum: General Discussion April 26th 08, 06:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
Decoupage ?

Joshua McGee a écrit :
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:00:53 -0700, Blair (TC) wrote:

233 stamps (200 francs) showing the Grand Mufti of the Comoros were
cut into 4 pieces and used as 50 franc...
Forum: General Discussion April 25th 08, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 16
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
[RCSD] OT Mette

Blair (TC) wrote :

Yesterday I got a message from Mette, She is not well and could be
offline for as long as six months. She sends greetings to members in
this group.
But, I think that she...
Forum: General Discussion February 26th 08, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 20
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
Pneumatic Mail Service

rodney wrote :
"Asia-translation"
Tony (who walks upside down)

I find that the biggest turn-off living in Australia,
the car keys keep falling out of my pocket.

Rod,

:-)))
Forum: General Discussion February 23rd 08, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 13
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
Spain / Melilla stamps...... Value sought... [and a bit of SNA]

rodney wrote :
Some items supplied by Blair, when I enquired. FYI

Map of Melilla
http://cjoint.com/data/cxamvakT4O.htm

Fort
http://cjoint.com/data/cxaoZGEk5J.htm
Forum: General Discussion February 23rd 08, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
(RCSD) Inverted date slug

wrote :

I would suggest sloppy setting up of the canceller. I have seen this
numerous (no pun) times on Belgian RR cancels. They are so numerous,
overall, that...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 08, 07:08 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 20
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
Pneumatic Mail Service

Joshua McGee wrote :

In the United States, Home Depot stores (large "home center" hardware
stores) frequently use them, connecting registers to the back office.

Following your...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 08, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
(RCSD) Inverted date slug

Joshua McGee wrote :

http://www.mcgees.org/img/rawlings_uo.jpeg

Hello Joshua,

"Error 404 not found"
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 08, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 20
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
Pneumatic Mail Service

tbone wrote :

Pierre and Blair,

Thank you for reading my blog and commenting. I paraphrased your and
Blair's extensive entries with a short update on my blog page:

Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 08, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 20
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
Pneumatic Mail Service

Tony S. (tbone) wrote :
Those of you who don't subscribe to the Stamps of Distinction blog
might have missed my current post on Pneumatic Mail Service (using
air/
vacuums to transfer...
Forum: General Discussion January 11th 08, 08:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 16
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
17c non-macniable surcharge

TL wrote :

Pierre,
Tom here,

Cheers Tom,

Oops !!!
I am so sorry for that mix-up :-(((
Tom and Tracy : please accept my apologies !
Forum: General Discussion January 11th 08, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 16
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
17c non-macniable surcharge

TL wrote :

John, All of the stamps I ship are inside clear pockets, inside
glassines, taped to the same cardboard that the postal service
packages stamps with. Over this I put a flap of...
Forum: General Discussion January 8th 08, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
1882 postcard, help for text in german

Ryan Davenport wrote :
[on Sütterlin script]
http://www.suetterlinschrift.de/Englisch/Sutterlin.htm

Or, for you in French,

http://www.suetterlinschrift.de/Francais/Suetterlin.htm

Forum: General Discussion January 6th 08, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 14
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
PDF Readers

rodney wrote :
Hi Rodney,
Try Foxit PDF Reader. http://www.foxitsoftware.com/
It's a very fast freeware pdf reader. IMHO, much better than Adobe.

FYI: gets a tick from moi, easy d/l...
Forum: General Discussion December 26th 07, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
Happy Holidays!

wrote :
Howdy Do!

I hope that everyone who visits here and partakes of the 2007-2008
holiday season has a great time, wonderful friends, and will be back
with...
Forum: General Discussion December 24th 07, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 1
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
ROCKET MAIL (searching for stamps and catalogue)

iv3ynb wrote :
Hi to all !

my father is searching for a particular stamp issued by INDIA:

as written in the YVERT catalogue: item 1100 "Hommage à Stephen Hector
Taylor Smith (1891 -...
Forum: General Discussion December 19th 07, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
(RCSD) Happy Holidays to everyone

Mette wrote :

With this sheet of Danish Christmas Seals 2007 I wish all and
everyone on RCSD a blessed holiday season.
http://cjoint.com/data/mrwMrAaov6.htm

Thanks to everyone for their...
Forum: General Discussion November 15th 07, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
About gum [was ID questions]

Jan Doggen wrote :
... a special form of stamp gumming.

It was doen in times of economic setback. The idea was to save raw
materials used for the gum.
The principle was easy: do not cover...
Forum: General Discussion November 15th 07, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
About gum [was ID questions]

Rein wrote :
Spargummierung oder kurz Spargummi ist eine Sonderform der Gummierung
von Briefmarken.

Hello Rein,

Could you give us a summary in English of your answer ?
Many...
Forum: General Discussion November 15th 07, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
About gum [was ID questions]

http://www.jandoggen.org/Stamps/StampIdentify.htm
on
F5 Thüringen stamps

I wrote :

This is the first time I was reading something on this "gomme
économisée".
I will ask...
Forum: General Discussion November 14th 07, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
ID questions

wrote :

Catalogue blindness seems to apply to web pages too!

:-)))

Chris : if you are writing from the UK (as your mail address shows) it
Forum: General Discussion November 14th 07, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
ID questions

wrote :
Just a comment on your site: It would help if you scanned the stamps
with higher resolution to make it easier for us to read the markings.
Forum: General Discussion November 14th 07, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
About gum [was ID questions]

http://www.jandoggen.org/Stamps/StampIdentify.htm
on
F5 Thüringen stamps

I wrote :

Please note that stamps Nr Yvert 1 to 8 are with "gomme économisée"
(I imagine this means that the gum is...
Forum: General Discussion November 14th 07, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 28
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
ID questions

I wrote :
C7 Lundy : this is definitely a cinderella !!!

Rodney :
Nonononononnono........a "local" :)

That's right :)
Forum: General Discussion November 14th 07, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 53
Posted By Pierre Courtiade
(RCSD) OT - I am back

Ralphael1 wrote :

Thanks Pierre, I have your instructions written down.
Hopwever, at this point I cannot access OE or IE. When I go to my AOL
mail I get a IE error window. If I click Send to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 89