Showing results 1 to 25 of 241
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Francis A. Miniter[_2_]
Forum: Books April 23rd 15, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Le Petit Prince - Edition Questions

On 4/12/2015 11:00 AM, wrote:
Hello,

I have a French copy of Le Petit Prince and am wondering which edition it is.

It's hardcover, sand-colored cloth, with brown lettering...
Forum: Books October 28th 14, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
A Conundrum

On 10/16/2014 11:03 AM, HardyBoys.us wrote:
On 10/10/2014 12:13 AM, Francis A. Miniter wrote:
I bought a book today, John LeCarre's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I
is in the original format...
Forum: Books October 10th 14, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
A Conundrum

I bought a book today, John LeCarre's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I
is in the original format that Knopf published in the USA when it came
out. The problem is that it is sealed in plastic,...
Forum: Books April 26th 14, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Cute stunt

On 4/24/2014 10:48 PM, wrote:
A dealer has listed a signed copy of Derek Jacobi's new autobiography on both eBay
and ABEbooks. The text and photos clearly show it to be the...
Forum: Books February 14th 14, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
New collector

On 2/12/2014 2:44 PM, wrote:
Over the past 8 months, I have begun collecting first editions. It all started when my in-laws handed me their John Grisham books. I knew enough...
Forum: Books February 14th 14, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Elizabeth and Her German Garden, Illustrated Edition 1900

I bought this in a lot at auction recently. No name on the cover or the
title page. But it quickly turned out that the book was written by
Elizabeth von Arnim, who had a very interesting life...
Forum: Books February 6th 14, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 1
General Collecting Question

On 2/6/2014 10:28 AM, SoulBrother wrote:

In the last year or so I found myself purchasing large format art and
photography books. Many of those purchases have been made online and I'm
Forum: Books January 26th 14, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Adventures in book collecting

On 1/25/2014 11:58 AM, wrote:
On Monday, January 20, 2014 10:09:50 PM UTC-5, Francis A. Miniter wrote:

I must admit that I have not (knowingly) come across any of...
Forum: Books January 21st 14, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 4
Adventures in book collecting

On 1/12/2014 1:37 PM, wrote:
There's a mystery series I like, by an author named R.D. Wingfield. Jack Frost is a detective inspector in Denton, England in just half a dozen...
Forum: Books December 29th 13, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Nice to see you again, Francis....

On 12/28/2013 3:38 PM, Don Phillipson wrote:
"Kitty Go Boom" wrote in message

Why don't you two lovebirds get a room and stop using this...
Forum: Books December 29th 13, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Nice to see you again, Francis....

On 12/28/2013 3:38 PM, Don Phillipson wrote:
"Kitty Go Boom" wrote in message

Why don't you two lovebirds get a room and stop using this...
Forum: Books December 21st 13, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Nice to see you again, Francis....

On 12/18/2013 1:32 AM, Willow Arune wrote:
Well, Francis, it has been a while...

I have just finished my first semester towards an M.A. in History at the University of
Northern British...
Forum: Books October 28th 13, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
An Interesting Coincidence

On 10/24/2013 11:45 AM, Don Phillipson wrote:
"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message

At a book sale today, I picked up two books. ...
Forum: Books October 18th 13, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
An Interesting Coincidence

At a book sale today, I picked up two books. One is _The Wandering Jew_
by Eugene Sue, a French author (1804 - 1857), whose acquaintance I had
not previously made. The other is Umberto Eco's...
Forum: Books October 18th 13, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Unusual Edition of Kennedy's Profiles in Courage

What I picked up today is a copy of the Inaugural Edition of this work
(1961, of course) by Harper & Row. But, it is not cloth bound. Rather
it is beautifully leather bound in brown leather and...
Forum: Books October 14th 13, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
The Sea Wolf Jack London

On 10/7/2013 7:37 PM, Linda Donnelly wrote:
'Francis A. Miniter[_2_ Wrote:
;695749']On 10/4/2013 10:49 PM, Linda Donnelly wrote:-

I was at an estate sale today and came across a copy of...
Forum: Books October 6th 13, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
The Sea Wolf Jack London

On 10/4/2013 10:49 PM, Linda Donnelly wrote:

I was at an estate sale today and came across a copy of The Sea Wolf by
Jack London. I am new at book collecting , so please pardon my
Forum: Books July 7th 13, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Naipaul signature

I bought a copy of V. S. Naipaul's The Masque of Africa (2010) at a book
sale a week ago. Last night I looked more carefully at it and found
that the author had signed it on the title page just...
Forum: Books June 21st 13, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
A Separate Peace...John Knowles

On 6/17/2013 9:11 AM, Weathers123 wrote:
I recently found a copy dated 1959....from the International Collectors
Library.
Now, I know that most of ICL's books aren't really worth anything.
Forum: Books June 15th 13, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Just Found

On 6/14/2013 8:01 PM, Willow Arune wrote:
Francis,

One reason I collect the workers that I do is that my part of the world is brand new -
the first "white woman" arrived in Prince George in...
Forum: Books May 30th 13, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Just Found

On 5/29/2013 5:20 PM, SpanishMill wrote:
why don't you ever post pictures of your finds?

Nowhere to post them. I avoid Facebook like the plague and I have not
set up a web site, though I...
Forum: Books May 26th 13, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Just Found

On 5/14/2013 11:56 PM, Jean B. wrote:
Francis A. Miniter wrote:
Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (Random House, 1969
first edition, first printing) in fine condition with fine...
Forum: Books May 14th 13, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Just Found

Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (Random House, 1969 first
edition, first printing) in fine condition with fine dust jacket, and no
internal marks.

This has been on my actively sought...
Forum: Books May 10th 13, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 0
Sir Walter Scott, Religious Discourses, By A Layman

I know, a strange thing for him to have written. I found this last
Saturday inexpensively at a college library sale. It is a first
edition, which he wrote anonymously. Published by Henry...
Forum: Books March 22nd 13, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books
Replies: 5
Still More on the Book Auction

On 3/21/2013 10:21 PM, IanG wrote:
On 3/16/2013 8:19 PM, Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 3/15/2013 12:08 AM, Francis A. Miniter wrote:
One of the lots I put together and managed to win at the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 241