Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rod
Forum: General Discussion October 12th 07, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 8
Posted By Rod
Nigerian Scam from 1988?

On Oct 11, 6:12 pm, Toke Nørby wrote:
Yesterday I bought a folded sheet with two Nigerian 10 k stamps (man

Here is an article from "The Stamp Collector"...
Forum: General Discussion September 16th 07, 07:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) Formation of new Penguins on Stamps Study Unit

On Sep 12, 10:33 am, Joshua McGee wrote:
- Joshua McGeehttp://www.penguinstamps.org

In case, one day you spot a Penguin postmark
on an Antigua issue.

FAKE CANCELS: At...
Forum: General Discussion September 16th 07, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Rod
AIDS on Stamps

On Sep 16, 12:27 pm, Aaron Lawrence wrote:

And I have seen the Island of Offenses before, but never got around to collecting it. Perhaps I should. Any idea who...
Forum: General Discussion September 16th 07, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) The Devil on stamps.

On Sep 16, 8:44 am, TL wrote:

Copyright 1906 / by H. H. Tammen / Denver / No. 845

Meet Mr. Tammen,
son of a German Immigrant, and a very
amazing man by all accounts.

"He...
Forum: General Discussion September 16th 07, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) The Devil on stamps.

On Sep 16, 10:40 am, Rod

Van Dieman's Land - cinderella - Devil

An adjusted image
http://cjoint.com/data/jqe0cF6fiz.htm

Note:
"Van Demons land"
Forum: General Discussion September 16th 07, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) The Devil on stamps.

On Sep 16, 7:10 am, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
Hello Victor + group:

Van Dieman's Land - cinderella - Devil stamphttp://www.cinderellas.info/wittcoll/images/105240.jpg

I...
Forum: General Discussion September 16th 07, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Rod
AIDS on Stamps

On Sep 16, 9:42 am, Aaron Lawrence wrote:

A very nice, well constructed site, Aaron,
very easy to navigate. Well done.

The usual gripe, without a database style
reference...
Forum: General Discussion September 16th 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) The Devil on stamps.

On Sep 15, 10:40 am, Rod

I wasn't gonna,
but then I thought "to hell with it"
it seemed roughly "on topic"

Here is our son in his footy gear,
(that's him sucking on the...
Forum: General Discussion September 16th 07, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) The Devil on stamps.

On Sep 16, 8:44 am, TL wrote:
At the bottom of the "Why the devil dont you write"
Is there the name of the artist/illustrator?
Thanks.

Copyright 1906 / by H. H....
Forum: General Discussion September 16th 07, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) Jennifer Toombs.

On Sep 15, 11:07 pm, Didier Cuidet
wrote:

Write him directly using SMTP to Rob McGuinness .
DC

Why?
...and deny others in the group, who may have...
Forum: General Discussion September 16th 07, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) The Devil on stamps.

On Sep 16, 7:10 am, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
Hello Victor + group:

Van Dieman's Land - cinderella - Devil stamphttp://www.cinderellas.info/wittcoll/images/105240.jpg

Huh? ...
Forum: General Discussion September 16th 07, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) Attn: Ralphael.

On Sep 16, 4:26 am, Ralphael1 wrote:

Sir Rodney, my round2it arrived and I tried the website you
provided...however...I get the window message; "Sorry, you are not allowed to...
Forum: General Discussion September 16th 07, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) The Devil on stamps.

On Sep 16, 4:09 am, TL wrote:

http://tloepp.home.mindspring.com/collection/whythe.jpg- Hide quoted text -

Very nice Tom!
I note from the Philly expo, to 1908
the typewriter...
Forum: General Discussion September 15th 07, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 17
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) The Devil on stamps.

Returning to our topics, here some ITS on Stamps:
http://www.artonstamps.org/Topicals/Devils/devils.htm
Victor Manta

Another for your consideration Victor.
Saint Michael giving Satan "what for"...
Forum: General Discussion September 15th 07, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 21
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) Curiosity Corner #352. errors. More curiosity.

On Sep 15, 3:12 am, "Tony Vella" wrote:

Hi David. When asked by the Poet why, being second only to God, one would
rebel, the answer was, if I remember correctly: Because...
Forum: General Discussion September 14th 07, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 21
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) Curiosity Corner #352. errors. More curiosity.

On Sep 14, 9:04 pm, "Victor Manta" wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message

BTW, in German, French, Romanian, Russian an angel is a mail, excuse the
Forum: General Discussion September 14th 07, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 21
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) Curiosity Corner #352. errors. More curiosity.

On Sep 14, 8:38 pm, "Victor Manta" wrote:

I'm asking because no scan was proposed...,

Scan for you,
the angel is above the reindeer and sled, just right of...
Forum: General Discussion September 14th 07, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 21
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) Curiosity Corner #352. errors.

On Sep 14, 8:23 pm, Alan wrote:

Why is that an error, perhaps she only had one leg !.

It is quite well known, that when the Angel sat for
Mulready, she had two.
In fact is was...
Forum: General Discussion September 14th 07, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) Jennifer Toombs.

On Sep 14, 8:10 pm, Rod wrote:
Here is one for you Rob,
Jersey issue, with her original artwork.

Acknowledgement:
"Illustrated teach yourself Stamp Collecting"
L.N....
Forum: General Discussion September 14th 07, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 21
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) Curiosity Corner #352. errors.

The first philatelic error.

The Mulready envelope,
the Angel in the top right side corner
has only one leg.
Forum: General Discussion September 14th 07, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) Jennifer Toombs.

Here is one for you Rob,

Jersey issue, with her original artwork.

A case where a Cinderella is an genuine stamp?

(I havn't looked at the catalogue, but the clock at
5 to midnight looks...
Forum: General Discussion September 14th 07, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) George hitchhikes to Australia.

There are some scallywags out there.

http://cjoint.com/data/jojQMrPAhE.htm
Forum: General Discussion September 13th 07, 05:53 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) France: Auxilliary markings.

On Sep 13, 11:55 am, "Pierre COURTIADE"

I do not recall beeing such a niggard in 2002 to reuse an old cover ?

Mais non!
you were recycling,
(the planet and myself both genuflect)

was probably...
Forum: General Discussion September 13th 07, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 9
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) Help ID, please.

On Sep 12, 10:09 pm, malcolm wrote:
Sorry to disagree but I think that you will find that stamps produced for Bahrain were o/p Bahrain as well as surcharged ( in...
Forum: General Discussion September 12th 07, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 4
Posted By Rod
(RCSD) France: Auxilliary markings.

Any idea why "Economy" has been stamped
"Lettre" ?
http://cjoint.com/data/jmjM3IkpgE.htm

Caveat: The parcel had been used prior
so maybe the sticker had been on that usage.

Supplementary query.
Any...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500