Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Forum: Books July 5th 08, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Bookbinding - Lettering

On Jul 5, 1:28*pm, "Francis A. Miniter" wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 2, 3:37 pm, "Francis A. Miniter" wrote:
J wrote:
Forum: Books July 5th 08, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Bookbinding - Lettering

On Jul 2, 3:37*pm, "Francis A. Miniter" wrote:
J wrote:
I don't know anything about this myself, but I hope you'll post what
you learn, and how you decide to...
Forum: Books December 3rd 07, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Is it worth it?

Ted,

If you feel the book with the front cover detached is the book you
think your girlfriend would like the most, then you won't care how
much the rebinding cost, or whether the rebinding affects...
Forum: Books September 23rd 07, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Book Steward

On Sep 22, 6:17 am, "Matti Lamprhey" ma...@official-totally-
reversed.com wrote and I snipped:
One of the series of books I collect is those concerning the feline
detective Mr. Twink by the...
Forum: Books September 8th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
minor brag, and advice on cutting pages

On Sep 6, 11:49 pm, "John R. Yamamoto-Wilson"
wrote:
garyjbp wrote:
it was only the top edges in the rear section of the text block that
had been uncut

Forum: Books September 2nd 07, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Work of the Devil, 1751

On Sep 2, 12:16 pm, Jules Freedman User wrote:
Can anyone provide information on a book entitled "Die sogenannten Werke des
Teufels aur dem Erdboden" published anonymously...
Forum: Books July 3rd 07, 11:14 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Ever find interesting things in books?

Chris,

You wrote:
I have read this obituary before and I believe it was in print and not
on
the net. Do you know where it was originally...
Forum: Books July 3rd 07, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Ever find interesting things in books?

Chris,

I haven't yet discovered when or where it was originally published or
read. I've had it on my websites since May 2002.

best,
Jerry Morris
http://moislibrary.com
Forum: Books July 2nd 07, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Ever find interesting things in books?

In May 2002, I placed an online order to the Strand bookstore in New
York for an inscribed copy of "To Doctor R. Essays Here Collected and
Published in Honor of the Seventieth Birthday of Dr. A. S....
Forum: Books June 25th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
An English Cartoonist's View

On Jun 24, 9:27 am, "John Townsend"
wrote:
"An English cartoonist's view" (or similar words) is how a cartoon is
described, a copy of which appears in William...
Forum: Books June 23rd 07, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
A Major Brag - Waverley 1st

On Jun 22, 6:02 pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
I am in shock.

Today at a friends of the library book sale, I picked up volumes 2 and 3 of the
first edition of Sir...
Forum: Books June 21st 07, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
This newsgroup has existed too long

On Jun 20, 8:55 pm, "scott m." wrote:
All bad things must soon come to an end.

Scott M.,

If rec.collecting.books newsgroup has been such a bad thing why has it
existed since...
Forum: Books June 18th 07, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
finding original owner of book

Sparky,

In order to assist you, we need more information to identify the book
you have:

Specifically:

What is the exact title of the book as printed on the title page?

What is the name of the...
Forum: Books June 17th 07, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Railway Reading

On Jun 17, 12:25 am, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
Having just come across the Indian Railway editions of Kipling I was
curious to see if anybody had done a survey of...
Forum: Books June 16th 07, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
New Books With Rough Page Edges

John,

The book collecting term for "rough" page edges is "uncut;" however,
it might be wiser to say that the edges are "untrimmed." Quite
often, the term "uncut" is confused with the term...
Forum: Books June 13th 07, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
The week's finds

Sam,

It sounds as if you have all the points of a first edition of this
book; but collecting modern first editions isn't my area of
expertise. Any help, people?

best,
Jerry...
Forum: Books June 12th 07, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.collecting.books
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
The week's finds

Denton Taylor wrote and I snipped:

...Yesterday was a killer. At a block of stoop sales, saw a copy of
Berendt's 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil'. That's another
book I've picked up...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17