Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joshua McGee
Forum: General Discussion March 17th 08, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) Inverted date slug

On Feb 21, 10:47 pm, Joshua McGee wrote:
P.S. I'm sending each one in for "official" first day cancels. Those
will be in the upper-right of the cover, on a fourth stamp.

If...
Forum: General Discussion March 17th 08, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 7
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) Advice on sourcing or creating missions

Hello,

My idea for a new project probably involves exerting far too much
effort for little return.

I want to acquire mission mixes, cherry-pick items for individual
resale, up-convert the remainder...
Forum: General Discussion March 15th 08, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 20
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) Pleased with acquisition of 1907 Wivenhoe IRC

On Mar 14, 9:01 pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
[...] Wivenhoe was
then the fourth most populous parish in Colchester borough. (fn. 39)

I hope that this helps you.

Immensely! ...
Forum: General Discussion March 15th 08, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 20
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) Pleased with acquisition of 1907 Wivenhoe IRC

Thank you, that helped. This is the error I was receiving when
clicking the link:

"The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for
this...
Forum: General Discussion March 14th 08, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 20
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) Pleased with acquisition of 1907 Wivenhoe IRC

On Mar 14, 3:47 am, "rodney" wrote:
"Joshua McGee"
I collect certain series of IRCs, including this series. [...]

Indeed, if you have it, flaunt it....
here is...
Forum: General Discussion March 14th 08, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 20
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) Pleased with acquisition of 1907 Wivenhoe IRC

I recently obtained a very nice 1907-canceled International Reply
Coupon from Wivenhoe for 10 GBP: http://www.mcgees.org/img/wivenhoe.jpeg

I take this to be the Wivenhoe in Essex:...
Forum: Marketplace March 13th 08, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By Joshua McGee
Stamp Trading Offers

I always have a selection of current stamp trading offers on my
website: http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

They include stamp trades, covers and stamps I am buying, airmail
etiquettes, and...
Forum: General Discussion March 13th 08, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) U.S. Federal Tax Stamp -- Liquor

On Mar 12, 7:39 pm, Art wrote:
On Mar 12, 2:48 am, Joshua McGee wrote:
I have the following U.S. Revenue stamp, intact
The only printed...
Forum: General Discussion March 12th 08, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) U.S. Federal Tax Stamp -- Liquor

Hello all,

Your assistance kindly requested:

I have the following U.S. Revenue stamp, intact, affixed to a 1/10
pint (47 ml) bottle of "Glayva" liqueur. It is approximately 13mm x
87 mm (or...
Forum: Marketplace February 28th 08, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By Joshua McGee
Stamp Trading Offers

I always have a selection of current stamp trading offers on my
website: http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

They include stamp trades, covers and stamps I am buying, airmail
etiquettes, and...
Forum: General Discussion February 26th 08, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 20
Posted By Joshua McGee
Pneumatic Mail Service

N.B. : I also duly appreciated your other post on the cat sent by
pneumatic mail and which arrived startled but alive ;-)
Poor nice kitten !

I agree completely. My cat is quaking at...
Forum: General Discussion February 26th 08, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Joshua McGee
(maybe OT) Ethical issue

Do you think it is not ethical?

Unfortunately, the tendency (or the fear of the tendency) of people to
do this is why so many otherwise-collectible stamps end up in my
(U.S.) mailbox with horrible...
Forum: General Discussion February 24th 08, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 24
Posted By Joshua McGee
Which countries have no CTO?

On Feb 24, 12:56 pm, malcolm wrote:
Cancelled stamps with gum need not be cto.

Indeed, apparently Australia Post allows gummed postage to be canceled
at the P.O....
Forum: General Discussion February 24th 08, 10:16 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 24
Posted By Joshua McGee
Which countries have no CTO?

Some collectors only include stamps which have a cancel
printed on them and are then sold cheaply to stamp dealers.
This is known as kiloware.
(eg East Germany, USSR, Romania,...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 08, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) Inverted date slug

My guess is that it's deliberate, so that the town name doesn't get
obscured in the dark stamp but the date is easy to read. See if they
do the same thing on other FDC issues with a stamp in...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 08, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 20
Posted By Joshua McGee
Pneumatic Mail Service

The author also writes : "Some are also in use in your local
super-market : open your eyes !"

Forgot to mention: for people who are interested in the topic, I can
recommend, as a light read, a...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 08, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 20
Posted By Joshua McGee
Pneumatic Mail Service

The author also writes : "Some are also in use in your local
super-market : open your eyes !"

In the United States, Home Depot stores (large "home center" hardware
stores) frequently use them,...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 08, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) Inverted date slug

http://www.mcgees.org/img/rawlings_uo.jpeg

Try http://www.mcgees.org/img/rawlings_uo.gif instead.

The MIME types on my server are being mangled, so you'd probably get a
"404 Not Found" error.

-...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 08, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 12
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) Inverted date slug

Hello,

The United States Postal Service have made it much easier to make
unofficial First Day Covers. It used to be that a stamp was available
in one city on the "first day", and then nationwide...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 08, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) FDC insert supplier?

On Feb 21, 7:47 pm, "rodney" wrote:
"Joshua McGee"

The solution for the acid-free envelopes, by the way, was *precisely
that* -- to get together with friends...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 08, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) FDC insert supplier?

Did you think of buying acid free card stock ,
at an art supply store, and having it cut to size?

Yes, and discarded the idea. Buying paper by anything short of a ream
(20-sheet packages at art...
Forum: General Discussion February 22nd 08, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 5
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) FDC insert supplier?

Sorry for the double-post, but I realized I didn't prefix with
"(RCSD)", and some readers with filters are going to miss it. If you
don't have such a filter, please forgive me:

Does anyone know of...
Forum: General Discussion February 20th 08, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 0
Posted By Joshua McGee
FDC insert supplier?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a commercial source for archival white envelope
stiffeners, sized to fit U.S. FDCs (#6 3/4)? Examples onto which I
could laser-print would be especially nice.

I've...
Forum: Marketplace January 29th 08, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By Joshua McGee
TRADE OFFER: My Bicentennial SS set for your Trans-MississippiCentenary Sheet

I'm offering:

1 complete set of U.S. Bicentennial Souvenir Sheets
(#1686,#1687,#1688,#1699) MNH (face $4.30, cat $19)

for each

1 Trans-Mississippi Centenary Sheet (#3209) MNH (face $3.80, cat...
Forum: General Discussion January 28th 08, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Replies: 2
Posted By Joshua McGee
(RCSD) Help ID this Princess Diana / AIDS stamp

Your stamp is issued "by" Union Island of the St. Vincent Grenadines.
Your souvenir sheet is from 2003, and is Scott 269. The AIDS stamp is
269b. The nominal catalogue value in the 2007 edition for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39