Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Doghouse Riley
Forum: Juke Boxes August 30th 14, 10:06 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Doghouse Riley
They were available from one site at one time,...

They were available from one site at one time, but no more.
Far better to pay for an authorised version that's likely to be complete.
They ain't that expensive, given what you might have to spend on...
Forum: Juke Boxes June 6th 14, 10:31 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Rock-Ola 507 wall box

I'm looking for a timing belt for this wall box.

Anyone with any ideas where I might get one?

Thanks
Forum: Juke Boxes May 13th 13, 10:52 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Edit. I've now managed to find another of these...

Edit.

I've now managed to find another of these wall boxes. It was supposed to have come out of a pub but that was probably twenty or thirty years ago and it was pretty mucky inside, but...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 10th 13, 12:09 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Panic over, this problem has now been resolved.

Panic over, this problem has now been resolved.
Forum: Juke Boxes January 6th 13, 06:58 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Doghouse Riley
After saying all that I've now got a...

After saying all that I've now got a problem.

I've suddenly experienced a problem with this.
I made a selection which played fine, but didn't make another for about an hour and now I'm experiencing...
Forum: Juke Boxes December 30th 12, 08:16 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Rock-Ola 507 Wall box

I've had this Rock-Ola Phonette wall box for a while, I use it to listen to CDs or mp3s on my computer, via a little stereo amplifier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EFV25tY0fc

But this is new to...
Forum: Juke Boxes April 5th 12, 07:44 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Doghouse Riley
There's a growing trend for people to...

There's a growing trend for people to "convert" jukeboxes to appeal to younger generations. Nothing wrong with that if it's part of the way you earn your living.

However there are many of us are...
Forum: Juke Boxes March 5th 12, 06:51 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Doghouse Riley
It sounds as if the gripper assembly is bunged up...

It sounds as if the gripper assembly is bunged up with old grease. It sounds like it's not retracting far enough when it attempts to pick up the record.
These don't need adjusting so much as regular...
Forum: Juke Boxes February 4th 12, 04:55 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Doghouse Riley
You've not given us any details of it's history....

You've not given us any details of it's history. So difficult to give advice. Yes you need a "full" manual those advertised don't always have the full schematics.

If you don't know what you are...
Forum: Juke Boxes July 16th 11, 06:50 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Doghouse Riley
I thought it was going to be...

I thought it was going to be this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FctEF2z5opk
Forum: Juke Boxes July 16th 11, 12:02 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Although I posted my latest favourites of the...

Although I posted my latest favourites of the fifty or so recordings I've put on Youtube of my jukeboxes in the last year or so, these have been the favourites of other people as they have the most...
Forum: Juke Boxes July 9th 11, 10:33 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Doghouse Riley
I wouldn't say I have particular favourites. In...

I wouldn't say I have particular favourites.

In two jukeboxes, I've a selection of 50/60s classic pop, a lot of Motown, 70/80s pop, Doo-Wop and Jazz "standards" and Big Band records.

But this is a...
Forum: Juke Boxes September 25th 10, 09:01 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Whenever I've shown the teenage kids of friends...

Whenever I've shown the teenage kids of friends my jukeboxes and most of these have never seen a seven inch single, they show considerable interest as they are completely amazed by them.

But that's...
Forum: Juke Boxes June 13th 10, 09:59 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Thanks for that.

Thanks for that.
Forum: Juke Boxes June 12th 10, 02:00 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Jukebox Record Sources

I ordered this on eBay, but it was received damaged, (sent a few thousand miles, loose in a jiffy bag!)
I was quite disappointed as it was a good copy and not particularly common.

RCA Victor ...
Forum: Juke Boxes March 2nd 10, 10:49 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Doghouse Riley
I've just Googled it and you can buy the correct...

I've just Googled it and you can buy the correct one here for $20.

http://www.needles4jukeboxes.com/rockola_belts.htm

The problem with belts is they usually have to be of the correct length and...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 23rd 10, 12:30 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Record jacket inserts for Rock-Ola 442/3

I've just bought one of these from Victory Glass to replace the one in my box which was badly faded. It's "new old stock."
When I e-mailed them they at first said they didn't have any, but when I...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 21st 10, 10:55 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Thanks for that Alan. Someone has since told me...

Thanks for that Alan.

Someone has since told me it is for "personalising" the jukebox with the name of the location or whatever.

Regards,

Bob
Forum: Juke Boxes January 21st 10, 01:41 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Rockola 442/443 Graphic

I've noticed on this 443 I've recently purchased there's a length of black insulating tape stuck on the underside of the "table" under the numbers bank below the words Rock-Ola 443. It covers a long...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 17th 10, 01:59 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Digressing slightly, I'm unimpressed with the...

Digressing slightly,

I'm unimpressed with the "code" sellers of second-hand records have agreed with which to grade their records. Where "good" means it sounds "dog rough" and only "mint or "near...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 5th 10, 02:07 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Well.. I just Googled "Rockola Legend...

Well..
I just Googled "Rockola Legend dimensions" and came up with this. I can't see that there was more than one model with the same name, so the information should be...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 2nd 10, 10:43 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Thanks for that Mark, but I'd ammended my first...

Thanks for that Mark, but I'd ammended my first post as I'd mis-read the switch. It was 220 or 240, not 230. I put it down to having driven on a 320 mile round trip to pick it up. It was previously...
Forum: Juke Boxes January 2nd 10, 12:17 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Doghouse Riley
I've another problem for which I'd be glad of any...

I've another problem for which I'd be glad of any advice.
As you will see the decal that slots in behind the optional record sleeve holder is badly faded, as somewhat is the plastic strip behind the...
Forum: Juke Boxes December 31st 09, 05:22 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Doghouse Riley
I've had some advice from another board and I've...

I've had some advice from another board and I've solved the "grill problem" myself
There's three latches near the top, inside.
Forum: Juke Boxes December 30th 09, 09:13 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Doghouse Riley
Rock-Ola 443 Voltage switching

I've just acquired another jukebox, a Rock-Ola 443

It's in very good condition having been in private hands for nearly thirty years and seems to work well, though obviously not played very often,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29