Showing results 1 to 25 of 89
Search took 0.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: NJ Mike
Forum: Juke Boxes December 28th 11, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 4
Posted By NJ Mike
Rockola 1475 Tempo - Record not selecting

Rob,
Just wondering how the gripper bow can work with some selections and
not others. Wouldn't the conditions 1-3, not allow the gripper to
work at all?

Mike
Forum: Juke Boxes December 21st 11, 02:39 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 4
Posted By NJ Mike
Rockola 1475 Tempo - Record not selecting

On Dec 20, 5:39*pm, smazik
wrote:
I have a Rockola 1959 Tempo. When I have a series of songs selected, it
scrolls through a few, the carousel finds the next...
Forum: Juke Boxes September 22nd 11, 03:14 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 0
Posted By NJ Mike
Rockola 1468 Selector issue (maybe)

I'm refurbishing a 120 selector unit for a customer.

Before he sent it to me, he reported that he was having selection
problems. He removed the selector and split the case. He apparently
broke...
Forum: Juke Boxes June 24th 11, 11:41 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 1
Posted By NJ Mike
FS: Rockola Pinbank Rebuild Service

If you need a selector/pinbank rebuild, please let me know.

Here is a slideshow of a recent job.

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/mikeb58/Rockola%20Selector/?al...

Mike
Forum: Juke Boxes June 21st 11, 01:36 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 6
Posted By NJ Mike
Is this worth it?

On Jun 20, 7:55*pm, Coinopwarehouse wrote:
On Jun 20, 3:04*pm, jogojoe wrote:

I am trying to decide if a model 1458 Rock-Ola in almost...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 25th 11, 02:49 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 8
Posted By NJ Mike
Title Strip Formats

On May 24, 9:26*pm, " wrote:
On May 24, 6:30*pm, (David Marston) wrote:

In article...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 24th 11, 12:49 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 8
Posted By NJ Mike
Title Strip Formats

On May 23, 1:29*pm, John Robertson wrote:
NJ Mike wrote:
Does any know or have a reference to how title strips were formatted?

I seem to remember the colors were meant...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 24th 11, 11:16 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

NJ Mike wrote:
Does any know or have a reference to how title strips were formatted?

I seem to remember the colors were meant...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 23rd 11, 04:41 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 8
Posted By NJ Mike
Title Strip Formats

Does any know or have a reference to how title strips were formatted?

I seem to remember the colors were meant to indicate the style, like
jazz, rock, country, etc.
Also, did the titles always have...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 5th 11, 04:19 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 2
Posted By NJ Mike
Quality Control Issues

After fixing an amplifier wiring issue and now a stepper wiring issue
with my 1956 Rockola, I was wondering if I just got "lemons" or was/is
there a QC issue with 50's/60's jukes.

I have worked on...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 4th 11, 10:23 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 13
Posted By NJ Mike
RO 1725-8 Receiver problem update

On May 4, 2:28*pm, John Robertson wrote:
NJ Mike wrote:
On May 4, 1:12 am, John Robertson wrote:
NJ Mike wrote:
*I think I found the problem!

Forum: Juke Boxes May 4th 11, 11:27 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 13
Posted By NJ Mike
RO 1725-8 Receiver problem update

On May 4, 1:12*am, John Robertson wrote:
NJ Mike wrote:
I think I found the problem!

After getting the 1-5 units issue straightened out by cleaning the
rivets with alcohol and...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 4th 11, 04:05 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 13
Posted By NJ Mike
RO 1725-8 Receiver problem update

I think I found the problem!

After getting the 1-5 units issue straightened out by cleaning the
rivets with alcohol and crokus cloth, a pattern emerged. Your
suggestion that someone (or maybe at...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 4th 11, 04:01 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 13
Posted By NJ Mike
RO 1725-8 Receiver problem update

I think I found the problem!

After getting the 1-5 units issue straightened out by cleaning the
rivets with alcohol and crokus cloth, a pattern emerged. Your
suggestion that someone (or maybe at...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 4th 11, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 13
Posted By NJ Mike
RO 1725-8 Receiver problem update

John,

It does not step up on selection 1, and that is proper operation. It
only steps up starting on selection 21.

The six step (group) stepper operates properly as does the units
(record)...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 4th 11, 12:11 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 13
Posted By NJ Mike
RO 1725-8 Receiver problem update

Got half the problem fixed. I took the unit stepper disk apart and
cleaned the rivets again, this time with alcohol, and then removed any
last bits of dirt with crokus cloth. Also adjusted the...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 3rd 11, 05:56 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 13
Posted By NJ Mike
RO 1725-8 Receiver problem update

Stepper manual:
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/4LzM85W1/1725_Rockola_Stepper.pdf.html

Wallbox manual:
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/tt9GAJtt/1544_Wallbox_Manual.pdf.html
Forum: Juke Boxes May 3rd 11, 11:40 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 13
Posted By NJ Mike
RO 1725-8 Receiver problem update

John, thanks for the detailed reply.

I am trying my best to use the suggestions everyone offers here, sorry
if it seems like I'm "cherry picking" the easy solutions and not
trying to do the hard...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 3rd 11, 03:14 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 0
Posted By NJ Mike
Rockola Stepper Issue Update - almost fixed

First of all, Ron, thanks for all of your help so far with this
issue.

I've gone through all of circuits and and components (replaced them
all), and can report that the unit does what it is supposed...
Forum: Juke Boxes May 3rd 11, 12:41 AM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 13
Posted By NJ Mike
RO 1725-8 Receiver problem update

Ron, thanks for all of your help so far with this issue.

I've gone through all of circuits and and components (replaced them
all), and can report that the unit does what it is supposed to. ...
Forum: Juke Boxes April 30th 11, 10:30 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 9
Posted By NJ Mike
Rockola Stepper Issue for 1454

The stepper switches all seem to do what they are supposed to do.

I will check the wallbox for bad button to wiper connections. The
correct page number does not seem to register correctly.

I will...
Forum: Juke Boxes April 30th 11, 10:10 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 9
Posted By NJ Mike
Rockola Stepper Issue for 1454

I'm stepping away from the Stepper....this is one of the most
exasperating problems...doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the
behavior I'm seeing.

Hopefully its bench blindness...maybe Sunday...
Forum: Juke Boxes April 30th 11, 04:48 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 9
Posted By NJ Mike
Rockola Stepper Issue for 1454

Hi Rob, thanks for the reply.

I replaced all the caps on the unit..I'm sure they are installed
correctly..plus no pop.

This stepper does not look like it was ever taken apart before I got
it. I...
Forum: Juke Boxes April 30th 11, 02:20 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 9
Posted By NJ Mike
Rockola Stepper Issue for 1454

Just for clarification, this photo:
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/mikeb58/Rockola/?action=view&c...)
is actually called th "Timing Relay #2" in the RO manual. Its
location can be seen on...
Forum: Juke Boxes April 30th 11, 01:31 PM Posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Replies: 9
Posted By NJ Mike
Rockola Stepper Issue for 1454

John, I replaced everything....caps, rectifiers, resistors.

Mike
Showing results 1 to 25 of 89