Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.48 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Aaron Hsu[_3_]
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 11th 08, 08:46 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
Ouch! Doesn't that hurt?

j. fabian wrote:

My grandmother, grandfather, and aunt had beautiful Eastern European
handwriting. I suspect that, like me, my father was dyslexic.

I have...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 10th 08, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 5
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
Ouch! Doesn't that hurt?

JimL wrote:

Has handwriting, or at least holding the pen, not been taught in
schools in the past 30 years?

I don't know about the timeframe, but excellent penmanship has...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 10th 08, 05:18 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 6
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
Best Paper for the Pen?

Bluesea wrote:

"Bluesea" wrote in message

"Aaron Hsu" ...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 10th 08, 05:18 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 51
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
dip pens

Bluesea wrote:

"Aaron Hsu" wrote in message
"Take the pen between the first and...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 8th 08, 06:37 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 51
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
dip pens

Bluesea wrote:

Is there a technique for using dip pens? All I
did was dip the nib into the ink at varying depths, sometimes touching the
point to the bottle to...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 8th 08, 06:37 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 51
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
dip pens

MatthewK wrote:

If you want to do real Spencerian, it is absolutely essential that you
get the right pen. :-) Spencerian, unliike some of the forms, is not
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 4th 08, 04:23 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
Change in pen behavior over one writing session?

JimL wrote:

On May 31, 5:26 pm, (Aaron Hsu) wrote:
The Visitor wrote:
Aaron Hsu wrote:

Hey all,
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 4th 08, 04:23 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
Change in pen behavior over one writing session?

The Visitor wrote:

Aaron Hsu wrote:
The Visitor wrote:

Hey all,

On 2008-06-02, Aaron Hsu wrote:
MatthewK wrote:

Thanks for all the great...
Forum: Pens & Pencils June 2nd 08, 01:10 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 51
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
dip pens

On 2008-05-27, MatthewK wrote:
Who plays with dip pens and what is a good way to get started
equpment wise?

Forum: Pens & Pencils May 31st 08, 11:26 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 51
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
dip pens

Brian Ketterling wrote:

In ,
Aaron Hsu wrote:

If
you just want to...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 31st 08, 11:26 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
Change in pen behavior over one writing session?

The Visitor wrote:

Aaron Hsu wrote:

Hey all,

Writing about dip pens got me to thinking about a question I have had
for a while. I have a set...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 31st 08, 04:24 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 17
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
Pen advice needed..

Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:

Steel nibs are not to be sneezed at.

Unless they're some of the modern crap steel nibs.

I don't think these are new, rather they are new...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 31st 08, 04:24 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 9
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
Change in pen behavior over one writing session?

Hey all,

Writing about dip pens got me to thinking about a question I have had
for a while. I have a set of steel very flexible medium point steel dip
pens. They work great, but I notice that over...
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 27th 08, 07:18 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 51
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
dip pens

MatthewK wrote:

Who plays with dip pens and what is a good way to get started
equpment wise?

I use dip pens for most of my personal correspondence. They're great....
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 26th 08, 11:02 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 8
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
Starry Night FPN Ink Reviewed On FPN!

Inspiring Discovery wrote:

I get this usenet delivered to my inbox daily, and sometimes I look it
and and sometimes I don't. But when I do look at it, I think to myself
Forum: Pens & Pencils May 26th 08, 11:02 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 6
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
Best Paper for the Pen?

Hey All,

I was wondering if you all take the time to figure out what papers work
best for what pens? For example, do you notice certain inks and nibs
work well on a given brand and weight of paper?...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 18th 08, 08:53 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 53
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
(Lf.((Lx.f(xx)) (Lx.f(xx)))) do you use fountain pens?

Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:

These days, I have a few of the later made-in-USA Sheaffers, a
Pelikan, a Parker, a Waterman, a broad-tipped Levenger Samba (with a
broken...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 8th 08, 07:29 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 53
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
(Lf.((Lx.f(xx)) (Lx.f(xx)))) do you use fountain pens?

Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:

(Aaron Hsu) writes:

Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:

It's a programmer's lambda-calculus...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 7th 08, 09:49 PM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 53
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
Don't be afraid to ask (Lf.((Lx.xx) (Lr.f(rr))))

Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:

It's a programmer's lambda-calculus pun :)

And I thought the people who enjoyed those were a dying breed. :-) Glad
to see there are a few more of...
Forum: Pens & Pencils April 7th 08, 12:56 AM Posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Replies: 53
Posted By Aaron Hsu[_3_]
Fountain Pens. What's the attraction?

Joshua Judson Rosen wrote: